Lake Winnipeg a lost cause?

• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Not in her lifetime. Lake Erie had them 20 years ago. Still going strong. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

Sounds like a future justification for more laws, and inspection stickers in MN….. Every water I have access to in a couple hour trip has this terrible infestation… and we are still all alive, and the lakes still are healthy.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Sounds like a future justification for more laws, and inspection stickers in MN….. Every water I have access to in a couple hour trip has this terrible infestation… and we are still all alive, and the lakes still are healthy.

Only because Chuck Norris wills it!

Chance R.
    South Central S.D.

None of the lakes in my area (SD) have them THANK GO i mean Chuck Norris!! I havent seen how it affects a lake first hand, interesting to hear from the people who fish lakes that have em..

Iowaboy1

Not in her lifetime. Lake Erie had them 20 years ago. Still going strong. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

ya,no shiat!! this old world will take care of itself over time,in the records of history,we are only aware of the last few thousand years,what happened to the last several billions of years of which we have no record?????

and I will add this,the ice caps are melting and will cause major sea level rises,really??? good thing I drink my ice tea before the ice melts,other wise it would over flow and I would have a mess to clean up,ssssheeeeezzz!!!

that ought to stir up some s…

Jonesy

I was commenting on hsm outdoors post on this. Obviously I am not for the spread of AIS but has any lake truly been ruined due to zebra muscles? I understand they can ruin swimming beaches and that when their population is exploding they are definitely an issue.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I was commenting on hsm outdoors post on this. Obviously I am not for the spread of AIS but has any lake truly been ruined due to zebra muscles? I understand they can ruin swimming beaches and that when their population is exploding they are definitely an issue.

From what I understand they can be Plankton eating machines. According to the experts that will cause a lack of food for the other fish and stuff which they say is bad. From what I’ve seen they filter the water and make the water quality better. However I don’t own a sand beech and have people swimming around so for me it’s a good thing.

I’ve never heard of them destroying a lake.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

We have them in the Finger lakes. Fishing is just fine. They can be a pain and clamp down on your bait if it touches the bottom.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.