Lake Pepin Water Temp

• happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Anyone know what the current water temp is on Lake Pepin? Thanks!

phoyem
    Minneapolis

I’ll be trolling the bottom 1/4th of lake pepin Saturday; getting excited for it! Hope the fish cooperate!

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Thanks Francis, may see you tomorrow Phoyem! We’ll be in a white Lund Fisherman with 150 Yamaha. Say hi if you see us! grin

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Sounds good! Look for me in a black alumacraft trolling with boards, bottom bouncers, and lead!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Sunday when I was out on lower lake Pepin was any where from 53 to 61 degrees.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I had 62-64 while trolling. The bite was marginal on the lower end.

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Same here with what I would call a poor bite on the lower end of pepin.

The St Croix did better for me today with 6 keeper walleye 15-18” plenty of short fish, and other varieties mixed in (smallmouth, rock bass, sauger, pike, catfish, perch, and sheepshead)

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Same here with what I would call a poor bite on the lower end of pepin.

The St Croix did better for me today with 6 keeper walleye 15-18” plenty of short fish, and other varieties mixed in (smallmouth, rock bass, sauger, pike, catfish, perch, and sheepshead)

I think it’s still a bit early for lower Pepin. The sheer number of fish navigating down into the main lake area hasn’t reached its peak yet. I scanned a lot of water before coming across anything that looked remotely “fishy” for saugers/eyes with only a few shorts to show for it.

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

My buddy and I chose the St Croix on Saturday morning. Sounds like we made the right call with a 2 man limit of walleye by 11am. Things should be going soon on Pepin too…

Ryan P
    Farmington

I was out on Saturday and struggled a bit on Pepin. Caught a smallmouth and two small eyes. We did manage to catch a Brittney Spaniel after she fell out of the bow of the boat. Not gonna lie, first time of the year my 4 year old and the dog were with so it was kinda a sh*& show haha. Still had fun!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.