Lake Erie report 2/28-3/1

• Cody hesseltine
    Maryland

Looks like it was an awesome time out there.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>francisco4 wrote:</div>
    56 is warm, but I would be much more concerned with and type of wind! That can change things in a hurry.

FDR

The 13th is 15-25 mph out of the South, the 14th is 7-17 mph out of the southwest. I’m guessing a South wind is what you don’t want? So it doesn’t blow your sheet of ice away from shore if it were to happen to break? Sorry, I have little experience on large lakes like Erie.

It is not uncommon for fisherman to come out of their shelters and realize they are now floating away! Watch your fathers. IF the depth is changing, the bottom flickering and it is not fish…… People have to be rescued every year on Erie. When the authorities come and get you, you don’t typically get to bring all of you gear home. That includes sleds, trailers, ATVs,.. I think you get the idea.

FDR

archerj
    NULL

is there enough snow on the ice to lube slides on a snomobile?

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

you don’t typically get to bring all of you gear home. That includes sleds, trailers, ATVs,.. I think you get the idea.

I was sort of wondering about that. What do you pay a air boat service to go out for it later? Actually, ignore this question… I’r rather not know the answer. doah

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Andy
    Congrats on getting the guys together and going for it.
    Looks like it will turn into an annual trip.
    Great Job.
    Jack

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.