Korkers Polar Vortex 1200 Boots

• curleytail

Have seen a few recommendations for these in the boot thread. They seem to be reasonably but quietly popular in the ice fishing world.

I’m sure they would work well for me on the ice. I’m usually mobile enough or in a shack that my feet don’t really bother me.

My real question with these is would anybody wear them hunting? They don’t look like a traditional hunting boot but not being camo and brown doesn’t really bother me. Do they seem durable enough to walk through sticks and heavy brush? Good for long cold sits in a treestand?

When it gets cold, I still revert back to my old Lacrosse Ice Kings (probably 20 years old now). Sometimes during bow season I sit for 8+ hours without moving and that’s a real test for boots and feet when it’s 15 to 25 degrees all day. How do these compare in warmth to Ice Kings? Shedding some weight and size compared to the old Kings would be nice.

CC

my experience with the 1200 korkers was bad. 1 season and I had wet feet. Toss them and never look back. I was able to find a sale for the lacrosse alphaburly pro 1600g for $90 so went with that. So far so good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.