Kirk Cousins

• troutbum
    St. Paul

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gonecribbin wrote:</div>
    Who’s our back-up gonna be, Kyle Sloter?

Maybe, but there’s lots of backup options, Josh McCown would be at the top of my list, or take your pick of the scrap heap Mike Glennon, Osweiler, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Gabbert, Matt Moore etc

McCown is going to the Jets for $10 mil for a year.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’d almost rather roll the dice with an unproven backup then spend any meaningful amount of money on one. I know the Eagles just won the super bowl with a backup, but that is an extremely rare and possibly even unique accomplishment.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Arizona- Bradford
    NY Jets- Bridgewater
    Denver- Keenum

God, just seeing that makes me realize that ALL of my 3 boys’ jerseys are now out of date. Damn,, there goes another $180.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

God, just seeing that makes me realize that ALL of my 3 boys’ jerseys are now out of date. Damn,, there goes another $180.

Does anyone really go out and buy new jerseys?

My boy left for school today wearing a C.Taylor jersey and thought he was the coolest kid in the world. I guess that is until a kid with a new jersey tells him otherwise. grin

At that point I’ll let him decide between a new jersey and a new fishing rod. I’m confident he’ll still be wearing an old jersey for awhile.

Xbomber8X
    Sartell, MN

My mind is blown, $20 million A year for 1 GLASS KNEE!!! Did anyone here watch the game when Bradford came back in?!! HOLY CRAP!! I thought his career was done, $20 mill?!!!! Who the eff, thinks he can stand up behind that line?!! That’s the market line is crap, the guy can barely stand!! My 14yo can do that for free. Hilarious

Hoyt4
    NULL

Before the Superbowl Adam Thielen was on with Deon and LaDainian Tomlinson with Reggie Wayne live for their show.This was a few days before the SB. One of the MN fans at the mall asked who was going to be the QB this next year. Thielen said (we have Teddy but Cousins is out there did I mention Cousins is a free agent) said this a few times. So coming from our own WR he never mentioned wanting Case, live on TV.

Funny how things work out and you knew then that Case was not coming back.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>walleyebuster5 wrote:</div>

Does anyone really go out and buy new jerseys?

My boy left for school today wearing a C.Taylor jersey and thought he was the coolest kid in the world. I guess that is until a kid with a new jersey tells him otherwise. grin

At that point I’ll let him decide between a new jersey and a new fishing rod. I’m confident he’ll still be wearing an old jersey for awhile.

You know it Joe! But Chester Tayler is now vintage,, vintage is still cool.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Holy crap.. Shiply came across this thread and stole all of our content!! That’s pretty easy to see!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery jester

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Hopefully he can obtain a winning record as a starter with the purple. Last I knew he was a little under .500 coffee

blank

Hopefully he can obtain a winning record as a starter with the purple. Last I knew he was a little under .500 coffee

So was Keenum before last year coffee

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I just read this… yuck! Hope this guy is wrong. Sounds like something Targaman would write wink

Vikings will regret Kirk Cousins deal
    The Minnesota Vikings feel they are just a quarterback away from winning a title. And they might be right. Furthermore, if there’s one thing to be learned from the modern NFL it’s that “elite” quarterbacks are going to be paid an obscene amount of money.
    So in no way was it shocking that the Vikings will reportedly sign Cousins to a fully-guaranteed contract that pays him $28 million per year for three years.
    That said, statistics aside (Cousins has put up big-time numbers three years in a row for Washington), there are serious doubts about how good Cousins actually is. Those who study quarterbacks for a living are constantly pointing out his fatal flaws (for a very detailed breakdown check out Doug Farrar’s column here).
    Furthermore, Vikings fans expecting the offense to pick up where it left off last year in 2018 need to remember that Pat Shurmur is no longer with the organization. Now the head coach of the New York Giants, the quarterback whisperer has departed.
    In the end, it’s the opinion of this scribe that Cousins will not be the man to lead Minnesota to the promised land. If anything, he’s fool’s gold and will be remembered as a cautionary tale.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I just read this… yuck! Hope this guy is wrong. Sounds like something Targaman would write

That guys entire article was basically every free agent was over paid. I also read the Farrar article, which basically said Cousins throws picks when he’s pressured. STOP. THE. PRESSES. Did these genious’ not see him shred the Vikings defense last year? 327 yards 3 TD’s and a pick and almost brought them back to win a game that had no business being close.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gonecribbin wrote:</div>

Maybe, but there’s lots of backup options, Josh McCown would be at the top of my list, or take your pick of the scrap heap Mike Glennon, Osweiler, Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Gabbert, Matt Moore etc

McCown is going to the Jets for $10 mil for a year.

Sounds like the Vikes will be getting Trevor Siemian (sp?) to back up Cousins.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Well he should only cost about $3.75 a game after bombing in Denver.

fishingallday

Well he should only cost about $3.75 a game after bombing in Denver.

1.9 million for next year. I like the people complaining about Kirk’s comtract yet Cardinals are spending 28 million for Bradford and Glennon.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Not complaining what Cousins gets or got. Really don’t care.

fishingallday

Not complaining what Cousins gets or got. Really don’t care.

Sorry should’ve been more specific I wasn’t meaning you. Was meaning the critics of the money he got.

toothyfish

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    Why anybody would want to spend $27 million a year on this guy is beyond me

Supposedly the Jets offered him 5 years 150 million already. I agree it’s crazy, but that’s what the market is. The Bears paid Mike Glennon $15/year and he’s terrible. Cousins has proven to be a top 1/3rd QB at only 29 years old. And Keenum is supposedly going to get 20+ million, I loved Case this year but him and Cousins are no comparison imo.

Jets are in a unique situation. The Patriots have slowly been falling off and with Brady’s age the Jets see themselves as possibly being a contender. They will over pay because…..well they are the Jets and do dumb stuff yearly. Taylor in Buffalo barely kept Petterman? on the bench so I don’t understand getting him. He is just another T-Jack.

Hilarious, I bet even Todd Bowles(the Jets’ head coach since you probably have no idea) would laugh if you suggested that the Jets think of themselves as contenders. Almost as hilarious as the guy who thought we should bring in Kaepernick and bench Keenum last year after Keenum played part of a game.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

moon jets moved up to #3 in the draft. Brady will be done in 2 years and then it’s a open division.

toothyfish

And they will still be in rebuild mode. Trading away 3 second rounders to move up three spots is such a Jets move, especially with so many glaring holes in their roster. The sad thing is that this is such a poorly run organization, this is the only way they’ll even have a chance at a decent QB. Most likely they’ll pick the worst of the crop and be back in this same position again in a few years.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Saw a GIF on FB the other day with the title “Bradford arriving in AZ” and it was a video of an ambulance driving down the road with lights and sirens going. Laughed pretty hard at that one.

Viewing 23 posts - 61 through 83 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.