Kingfisher Boats Opinions

• Todd Lynch

I bit the bullet on the 2025 Escape at Foster Bros that had been tormenting me for the past couple of years…
    Been rigging over the winter and hoping to get it out for the 1st time soon, if winter ever ends.
    I’ll post up a report after getting some hours logged.

Attachments:
    1. C5C410FA-C7EA-4F9A-9972-AA8770582A40-scaled.jpeg

2. 7F4612B2-DEA4-4A3A-A9D5-6B2E96754B37-scaled.jpeg

Deuces

When you combine a monster truck with a Cadillac.

Very nice, those seats are dam near for royalty

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Sweet, I’m jealous. We decided to spend our money remodeling the basement. Would love to hear how you like it.

3Rivers

You are going to love that Todd! Does that thing have 4 smoothmoves?

Todd Lynch

Yes, it does have 4 Smooth Moves.

picklerick
    Central WI

Nice. Is it wrong the sold sign on it makes me want to climb in even more?

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

Pretty plush boats, be vigilant for any signs of fuel leaking from the tanks. This was\is a known issue.

That said Kingfisher has done the customers right, by all accounts, but how much is a lost fishing season worth after dropping that kind of coin.

MX1825

That looks sweet TL.
    waytogo waytogo Post a few pics when you get it on the water.

Todd Lynch

I had it out for the first time, on Tonka last week.
    Tons of power, rode and handled really well. There was some wind and the bigger bays were just starting to white-cap. The boat handled nicely in that water, which you’d expect.
    It is a somewhat noisy ride, not the motor but the hull. Louder than my old 2001 1750 Fishhawk tiller, which had foam in the hull. I’d read somewhere before buying this boat the Kingfishers were not quiet rides.

Attachments:
    1. 8D6BCC2B-81A6-4EB6-A442-8B6333075984.jpeg

Todd Lynch

Drizzy,

Do you have any more details on the fuel tank problem you mentioned?

I filled the tank for the 1st time over the weekend and am now getting a strong gas smell in the cockpit when under power.

Will be calling Foster Bros this morning and will report back on the outcome.

John Ingalls

I’ve only had my 2025 Falcon out once for 3 hours breaking in the 150 Honda. I was definitely checking for gas smells. Nothing at all like my Lund Tyee. It was terrible! Ride was every bit as good as my Lund. But it is noisier since there’s no foam in it like the Tyee. But ride and handling are fantastic. Keep us posted on the gas smell situation…very curious how they handle it?

Todd Lynch

I talked to the service dept at Foster Bros yesterday. They want me to bring it in to check for a bad fitting/clamp connection or something going on with the tank.
    The boat is up at Vermilion. I may take up the floor to see what’s going on before towing it to Delano, we’ll see…

Todd Lynch

Pulled the floor up this weekend. All hoses, fittings and clamps are good. There was gas in the water at the stern. I bailed that water and dried area with a towel. I then poured a bucket of water in front of the tank and when it reached the stern it has gas in it.

Looks like the tank is leaking.

Dropped it at the dealer this evening.

Attachments:
    1. 96D303C7-808D-4373-965C-94C60AFA8439-scaled.jpeg

2. 4688FCC9-AC3D-4623-A22E-2BD06DC5E456-scaled.jpeg

3Rivers

oh man, what a bummer. ( I would assume that the fix is to replace the tank?

The tanks on the 1825’s are different and not under the floor.

John Ingalls

Not good! Todd, is the tank aluminum? I can’t tell from your pic.

Todd Lynch

Yeah, at the moment I am really not pleased. But, I need to give the dealer a chance to look at the problem and tell me what it’s going to take to fix this.

The tank is aluminum. Depending on the issue, maybe it could be repaired locally? We’ll see. Just removing the tank will require cutting off two welded cross braces that are above the tank.

What gets me is the heads-up from Drizzy Musky earlier in this thread. This was before I knew of a problem…

Pretty plush boats, be vigilant for any signs of fuel leaking from the tanks. This was\is a known issue

Jason

If it is true that there is no spray foam or damping method lining the floor makes things worse.
    Aluminum welds are much more prone to cracking if there is added flex and or vibration occuring throughout the boat.

Todd Lynch

There’s no foam in the center section, shown in the picture, where the tank is mounted. I also took up the port side floor under the bow and there was some foam there… not sure it there’s foam in the sections under the seats.

John Ingalls

I bought the 2025 Falcon from them earlier this year. I keep it in my garage at the house. I’m always checking for gas smells now!

Todd Lynch

If you’ve already topped off your tank and haven’t noticed a problem, I’d think you’re good to go.

The gas smell in my boat is really strong with a full tank. There’s no subtlety about it.

John Ingalls

I’ve filled to just at 3/4 a tank. You think I should top it off completely to check it, or am ok at this level?

Todd Lynch

I’d top it off, just to be sure.

I can’t say just where the problem would show up on my boat, in relation to the fuel level. With the MercMonitor showing 35% full there was no gas odor. Between 98% and 100% there’s a strong gas odor.

Todd Lynch

Foster Bros Service has identified the issue with the fitting in the pic, it’s the vent at the front of the tank. Sounds like it was cross-threaded and didn’t seal. They hope to have it fixed today.

Relieved it wasn’t the tank.

Attachments:
    1. E2286B1C-DFB5-4C16-8F34-AC4BD8E56F46-scaled.jpeg

Todd Lynch

Yes, great news indeed.
    Here’s a picture of the repair.

Thanks go out to the service dept at Foster Brothers Marine. I am very pleased to be getting on the water this weekend.

Attachments:
    1. B3B71E59-573D-4D72-92D9-33E15B6FE34C-scaled.jpeg

3Rivers

Figured I would add this 3 year follow up video to the post here for anyone who might come across it doing a Google search and researching KingFisher.

Storage options and fuel tank stuff is really the only 2 complaints I have at this point.

John Ingalls

Really appreciate the update. Always good to have a review after the newness is worn off and a guy has experience with a product. So far after a year I’m loving my Falcon!

isu22andy

I love the style of these boats, boultons, kingfishers, crestliners commander. My biggest hang up is I like to have about 8-12 rods in the boat at a time. In my 04 Crestliner superhawk the rod storage is practically nothing . What do you guys use in these style boats as there is no rod locker due to the small casting deck up front .

3Rivers

I love the style of these boats, boultons, kingfishers, crestliners commander. My biggest hang up is I like to have about 8-12 rods in the boat at a time. In my 04 Crestliner superhawk the rod storage is practically nothing . What do you guys use in these style boats as there is no rod locker due to the small casting deck up front .

Yeah it’s a tough one for sure. There are horizontal rod holders in the side trays that work ok. I transport all my rods bungeed in a big bundle and then on the water in the rocket launchers or rod holders. A lot of guys have added an arch like you see on bigger waters.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.