Kindergarten Closed……Now What????

• B-man

Working parents…..working Grandparents

School is shut down for two weeks MINIMUM.

What have you done??

I won’t even begin to tell you how I feel about closing an entire elementary full of healthy children over four supposed cases of you-know-what.

They sent an email saying more information will be coming Monday…..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Do they go to Wyoming? I seen Wyoming closed as of tonight, rush as of yesterday. My son goes to forest lake im sure thats next.
    I dont know what I’m going to do either. Its ridiculous.
    Shut the world down and all the education systems over this.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My 3rd grade granddaughter goes full days and gets a locker.
    My 5th grade grandson goes 2 days and gets no locker. Because he has to carry all his books, computer, notebooks ect. for the whole day his backpack weighs 1/2 as much as he does. Add in he has to bring a full water bottle to school because they aren’t allowed to use the drinking fountains.

Same school district, different schools.

I’ve been told if the district has 9 positive tests they will shut the schools down completely.

I’ll keep my opinion to myself.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think we should have all expected this. A friend of mine is friends with the principal of a local elementary school and he was heard saying he would be surprised if his school was open after just 3 weeks of FT school. Its disappointing for sure. I think the schools should remain open but I think im in the minority

Sharon
    SE Metro

My hats off to all you parents out there. I can’t imagine the stress and worry that normally comes with the job, let alone during these uncertain and frustrating times.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

If electronics are not to big of a thing already now they want to force small kids to sit on them to ” learn ” for hours and hours a day.
    I’m one of the odd houses out there that we don’t even have a real computer. Its not a big part of our house hold.

Snap

I don’t say this flippantly because I know what kind of stresses modern parents are under.

Do what you have to do to live on one income. Raise and teach your own children. These precious years go by so fast. And it’s too important to leave up to the government.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Working parents…..working Grandparents

School is shut down for two weeks MINIMUM.

What have you done??

I won’t even begin to tell you how I feel about closing an entire elementary full of healthy children over four supposed cases of you-know-what.

They sent an email saying more information will be coming Monday…..

In the same boat here, had to pick up my first grader early today, whole class has to quarantine for 14 days. One kid in her class tested “positive”. Yep stinks!

B-man

I don’t say this flippantly because I know what kind of stresses modern parents are under.

Do what you have to do to live on one income. Raise and teach your own children. It’s too important to leave up to the government.

We could if we wanted to (all the toys and one vehicle is paid off, no credit card debt, modest mortgage payment, etc.) But we WANT our children to GO TO SCHOOL to learn and socialize.

And unlike half of the country…..We WANT to work. We WANT to have two retirements. We WANT nice things and happily work for them.

I have a feeling the school will “watch” our kids for the right amount of (more) money….. Ironic isn’t it???

Our school taxes went up this year…but what’s another $1,600-$2,000 A MONTH for in-school “daycare”?

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

There is an executive order saying schools must provide care to “tier 1” essential workers. Check if that applies to any of you – our school just needs one person to provide a letter or work badge.

Our school district has been providing this since march but has been VERY quiet about the info unlike the normal blasts of information.

There are also lots of people forming small community cohorts of kids to distance learn together. Check social media or wherever you talk to neighbors.

At least they are hoping for full time – we get 50% in person and it is likely to flip full distance anytime like they already did for 2 weeks.

Just my opinion, if I had a kindergartener I would not start them this year. I only know one person that decided to try “distance kindergarten” and they already bailed and went back to daycare.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a feeling the school will “watch” our kids for the right amount of money….. Ironic isn’t it???
    [/quote]

Yes this is true. Child care will remain open. Thats a different topic different thread. But the price I pay for 1 to 2 hours a day on work days is nuts. 410 for the first 2 weeks. Public school day care and I found out its not even teachers who watch them its high school students tongue

B-man

They even had the balls to send the kids home today with a fundraiser packet for the PTA…..Knowing full well school is closed (likely) indefinitely

You can’t make that up….

I’m ready to give up on society, collect welfare, and be a baby daddy.

We won’t have everything we would rather work for, but it will be free….It ‘works’ for a lot of people, why not me?

Snap

I’m ready to give up on society.

Hi B-man, Being a baby daddy might be the most important and most rewarding job of your life.

Don’t fall into the trap of confusing government with society. One is compulsory the other is voluntary. Give up on government, don’t give up on society.

Jason

I have 2 @ Forest Lake High. Its just a matter of time before they shut that down as well. Is it better for the kids or is it for better the teachers? I’m thinking the later is all that they are worried about.
    They announced last night that the kids get 2 days a week starting on 9/28 and free breakfasts and lunches going forward for everyone.

Coletrain27

Daycare time!
    What do you do all summer long when kids don’t have school?

munchy
    NULL

Show your school board this picture and ask if this is worth shutting everything down for.

Tell them Cases DO NOT equal deaths!

And most states in the US look a lot like this.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200918-215946_Chrome.jpg

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Can someone explain why you or why you would have your child tested again? Testing is penalizing your child’s education, your job, social life, economy, etc etc etc. These are ALL asymptomatic people. Unless you are hospitalized past just observation, there is nothing a doctor would do for you. Does someone actually believe it hasn’t spread to their area? 6% of SD’s hospital capacity is being used by COVID patients. The media and the left would have you believe SD was on the verge of extinction. Good luck everyone.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Your kids got to go to school this fall? Mine haven’t been in school since March. Pffft… two weeks is nothing.

You figure it out is what you do. Network with other parents. Talk to your employer. Work from home or split up shifts. Try to find daycare or a college aged nanny. Lock them in a closet with food and water. Make it work.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Or don’t get tested because there is absolutely no benefit.

catnip
    south metro

My daughter is in kindergarten also and when they close the school we wil probably pull her out until next year and then she can just start in 1st grade. And if they dont open again next year and either me ot the ole lady needs to quit our jobs to stay home and be the teacher we will home school her with a different curriculum. if that happened then as far as I’m concerned the teachers can all just go work at Starbucks as they would have deemed themselves unessental.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Maybe consider a private school versus having momn or dad quit their job? My daughter’s school has been open since June offering summer programs and the school year started as per usual this fall.

B-man

Daycare time!
    What do you do all summer long when kids don’t have school?

They were in a private Pre-School. Now they’ve graduated into a kindergarten that will likely not happen.

jwellsy

Follow the governments money. Every sector is doing whatever they can to maximized their share of the stimulus money that’s been doled out to each state. Maximize the testing, maximize the positive cases (real and false) to maximize your portion of the pie. Is the teacher unions’ dues income being affected yet?

This is a terrible situation for working parents. I can’t imagine how much stress this is causing and how much damage to the kids this is creating.

Why are people so silent and fearful?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Maybe consider a private school versus having momn or dad quit their job? My daughter’s school has been open since June offering summer programs and the school year started as per usual this fall.

My sons school and day care has been open all summer as well, but now that the learning year has actually started they are shutting it down.
    Now if that doesn’t sounds like some BS.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

A school is not a private daycare that angry parents run. They’re following guidelines they were given. If you don’t like it, try homeschooling or paying to send them somewhere else.

Most employers are far more understanding than people give them credit for. Let them know your situation. Network with other parents about ideas. Find HS or College kids who are home. Consider taking PTO and enjoying a Fall week with your children.

Nobody asked for this (schools included). Millions of parents are being forced to make changes. Putting a positive spin on it that you could get to spend more time with your kids is the way to go.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

My kids have been out of school since last March. The distance learning this year has been much more structured than last spring for their core classes. The kids miss their friends and social life and I miss them having that, but like others have said, employers are very understanding. If they can’t see the impact it has on working parents and figure out what works for you and them, probably not a good company to be employed by to begin with.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My kids have been out of school since last March. The distance learning this year has been much more structured than last spring for their core classes. The kids miss their friends and social life and I miss them having that, but like others have said, employers are very understanding. If they can’t see the impact it has on working parents and figure out what works for you and them, probably not a good company to be employed by to begin with.

^This too

B-man

A school is not a private daycare that angry parents run. They’re following guidelines they were given. If you don’t like it, try homeschooling or paying to send them somewhere else.

Most employers are far more understanding than people give them credit for. Let them know your situation. Network with other parents about ideas. Find HS or College kids who are home. Consider taking PTO and enjoying a Fall week with your children.

Nobody asked for this (schools included). Millions of parents are being forced to make changes. Putting a positive spin on it that you could get to spend more time with your kids is the way to go.

A week or four won’t be the end of the world, my wife can use PTO and sick time.

….but if (or more than likely when) elementary school is closed indefinitely….we will run into a big predicament. But thankfully the school will likely allow us to pay a them a couple thousand dollars a month to keep them there….even though they’re “shut down”

I don’t fully understand the schools decision for “closing” in the first place…..Healthy kids and healthy teachers have almost nothing to worry about. In addition, everyone at the school was wearing masks, which we all know are 100% effective, they go right along with the 60% accurate tests…..Why not let healthy people live their lives and our economy roll.

Good luck to you all in 2020.

I’m off to a wedding today with 300 other people.

Hopefully 10 or 12 of us are alive by the end of the month.

When the government calls me for trace contacting on Tuesday I’m going to say I was never there….Because if I do, myself and crew will be out of work collecting “free” money from our employer….It’s not right or fair to a business.

One of our subcontractors just went through the exact scenario…..and nobody was even sick, but the company paid out untold thousands in payroll with no production to cover it. The sad thing is it’s not even equivalent to a molecule of a drop of water in the ocean of debt we’re filling.

How long can that go on?? All to theoretically save an elderly person that should be self quarantining in the first place??

Does anyone else see the forest through the trees???? Or is ‘the mask’ obstructing your vision….???

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I don’t fully understand the schools decision for “closing” in the first place…..Healthy kids and healthy teachers have almost nothing to worry about.

Because if they stay open, they risk of cases multiplying and then a 2 week shutdown turns into a 2 month shutdown.

It’d be nice if everything was just about you and your kids, but it isn’t. There are hundreds of other families in your district that would be impacted if the school had to shut down long term.

And who do you think is going to get sued if a child contracts COVID and dies?

But I’m guessing you don’t care about any of this.

Grouse

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>
    I don’t fully understand the schools decision for “closing” in the first place…..Healthy kids and healthy teachers have almost nothing to worry about.

Because if they stay open, they risk of cases multiplying and then a 2 week shutdown turns into a 2 month shutdown.

It’d be nice if everything was just about you and your kids, but it isn’t. There are hundreds of other families in your district that would be impacted if the school had to shut down long term.

And who do you think is going to get sued if a child contracts COVID and dies?

But I’m guessing you don’t care about any of this.

Grouse

Sounds like those scared people should stay home and hide

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Kindergarten Closed……Now What????’ is closed to new replies.