Ice report

• Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Stole this from another site.

Talked to Phil at Gateway and he said it is starting to let loose along the shorelines and around the docks as of last evening.

cazador75

I talked with one of the resort owners on Kabby last night and that’s what they said too… along with saying there is no chance of it being out for the opener… We are moving our plans to next weekend and hoping it’s out by then.

Tim

eskomntom

know anything about ice on vermillion ?

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I happened to check the Pine Aire web cam just in time to see them out at the dock with a boat breaking the ice up around the dock yesterday.
    Sounds like they are going to get strong winds tomorow, that should push the sheet around and beat it up some more.

Brian Hoffies

I just got back from there.
    Yesterday morning Orr bay on Pelican lake was mostly locked up. By 3 o’clock yesterday afternoon it was 65% open, by 10:30 Sunday morning it was 90% open. Same goes for Ash Lake, it’s 90% open.

Yesterday Kabs ice really took a beating. Problem was it only got to 40 degree’s and was overcast all day. This morning when I got up it was 28 degree’s but sunny.

Rain and 70 degree’s is forecast up there for this week. I’m pretty sure the ice will go out Wednesday! I’ll be up there again all next weekend, so we shall see.

Brian Hoffies

Be sure to fill with gas before leaving Virginia. It’s $4.05 a gallon at Jims on the Ash River Trail & Gateway has not filled their tanks so they aren’t selling gas as of this weekend.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Thanks for the update Brian, we will be headed up ice or no on Saturday. I think I saw on the Gateways fishing report that they are putting in new tanks and can’t get started until the ground thaws enough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.