Just wondering,. Rods.

• catmando
    wis

Don’t know if I would call myself a hoarder but I buy good rods summer and winter. Why some many people sell their rods. It’s beyond me!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I buy mine for the duration also.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Probably so they can buy new ones.

Ice Cap

Sometimes you just can’t resist buying that new shiny rod you see or the new one everyone else is raving about so you gotta buy it. Pretty soon you have way more rods than you can use. You have to thin the herd recoup some money so you can go buy that $3000 Livescope!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Fishing is my sickness as my wife calls it. I have way more high $$$ rods than anyone would need and then I started building my own rods to find that niche I was always looking for. I now make open water rods that put St. Croix legend elite to shame. As I build better and better rods I find my big $$$ name brand rods just sitting. Having the perfect rod for the prestation you are looking for make a big difference. It is also nice not to have to retie and just grab a different rod that is set up. I have a hard time selling fishing stuff but with having over 100 rod setups I started selling some. The cost of relining all my rods is killing me. Some of the rods I sold were just ones I have not used in years and some of the high custom rods I put up for sale just didn’t meet the hype for me. I also picked up rods just to test and compare to the rod designs I am making. I keep the best rods I like for my guest and myself and I need to get rid of the rest. I just have a hard time doing it.

Kirk Charipar
    west central wi

It’s nice to have extra rods and reels around. Like today, I put one of my ice fishing reels to rest today(aka the garbage can). But grabbed one of my spares and I was back in business today and caught some nice gills with it

Attachments:
    1. 20200101_162926.jpg

B-man

One time I sold off half of my fishing rods, some reels, and a bunch of tackle…..

Then I woke up in a terrified sweaty panic…..It was only a bad dream mrgreen

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

One time I sold off half of my fishing rods, some reels, and a bunch of tackle…..

Then I woke up in a terrified sweaty panic…..It was only a bad dream mrgreen

Been there! shock

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Because sometimes…I am just curious enough to experience it.

I am happy with my ugly sticks…but I am also happy to use other stuff too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.