June Smallmouth Trip to MilleLacs

• Duck2
    Mahtomedi, mn

Hello I am planning a fishing trip to MilleLacs on June 20. We are camping and launching at Father Hennepin State Park on the south end. Any suggestions on tackle and tactics? I am assuming that exploration of the rock piles should be the main effort. Tubes? Husky Jerks? Any suggestions?
    Also, is there anywhere on the Southeast side of the lake where one could dock their boat and enjoy a little lunch and a beer?
    Thanks I have not fished open water on MilleLacs for many years and am looking forward to some of the vaunted catch and release smallie fishing I have read about.
    Thanks

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I like a jig and B Fishing Moxi’s Green plastics, either dragging it or pitching and retrieving. Once you find an area holding them, get ready bc you will likely find more often MANY more! There’s a bunch of resorts on the SE side, so finding a place should be no problem. I haven’t been in the Isle area for a while but remember McQuoid’s, Appledoorns or Hunter Winfields being options. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Duck2
    Mahtomedi, mn

Thanks for the feedback and food suggestions. Looking forward to a bronzeback brawl.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.