JT Walleye Snare Baitfeeder Question

• gonehunting

Can someone tell me what the benefit of the baitfeeder reel is on a JT Walleye Snare? I know it allows it to run with the bait in its mouth but are you click off the baitfeeder mode after that and letting the rod load up before setting the hook? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Ty Kennedy

Bait feeder if you wanna use it in an iFish Pro and yes you are correct let it load up after clicking bait feeder off before setting hook

Fowldreams55398

Bait feeder if you wanna use it in an iFish Pro and yes you are correct let it load up after clicking bait feeder off before setting hook

I don’t limit it at all to a Ifish pro. Dead stick in the house every time is set up in this manner. Haven’t used any kind of float since. Rod loads up and the fish starts taking line with no resistance. Panfish, walleyes, perch it doesn’t matter.

Cameron white

I had a ceymar bait feeder on my snare, there’s no point. You want the rod to load up, you don’t want the fish to run.

Hey

I had a ceymar bait feeder on my snare, there’s no point. You want the rod to load up, you don’t want the fish to run.

X2.

I use a bait feeder only early season so my rod doesn’t end up in the hole if a pike gets it. And only if I’m not in close proximity to the rod. I secure it to my shack or ranger after early ice.

If I could only have one rod it would be this one. With a split spot and hook

Gilgetter

Nick Linder just did a video about dead sticks and said the baitfeeder reels kinda negate a dead stick rod.

It makes sense. The soft tip is designed to load so the fish doesn’t feel resistance and spit it. With a baitfeeder they take line without feeling it.

Seems to me many of the dead stick rods don’t allow for the most solid hooksets.

Baitfeeder with a more traditional rod should allow for the best of both worlds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.