Jobs

• munchy
    NULL

I’m far from taking sides as well. It should always be a decision between an individual and their provider. I’m not judging either way.

I’m vaxxed and will say if I could do it again I probably wouldn’t. For the first month after the second shot my head was in a fog. I’d randomly just catch myself staring at something for who knows how long with a blank stare with occasional slurred speech and stuttering. Now 6 months later I’ve still got random slurred speech and stuttering as well as a slight form of dyslexia.

I’ve also been hearing of way too many people having serious health issues shortly after the second dose as well. I know one perfectly healthy guy who had a stroke within a week, his doctor saw nothing that should have caused it. Thankfully he’s recovering but slowly.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I just wonder where this will end. These mandates are just the start.

Hola Cuba y Venezuela, donde es su freedom?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Having taken a informal poll……….not one mind has been changed since this thread appeared. It is now far off track of the government forcing companies to have vaccines administered or firing employees.

Question, what can the government mandate if when asked if they are vaccinated a employee / citizen reply is “my religion doesn’t allow it.”

Carry on, just something more to keep you all busy the next day or two.

Angler II

I’m not taking sides – rather just throwing real life info out.

My wife is dealing with Covid patients daily. She regularly deals with patients who also call Covid fake, refuse to wear a mask in the hospital (so they’re denied entry until they do), and won’t submit to a rapid test…yet come calling for help as they have severe symptoms.

Her hospital is currently closed to admissions. If you want to have a typical scheduled surgery, you cannot do it there as there is no hospital space. If you are in an accident or are a cancer patient with deteriorating health, you are shipped elsewhere outside of the community you are a part of. As of the last time I mentioned Covid positive patients, she stated that they have yet to hospitalize anyone who was vaccinated. Of the unvaccinated people, 2 have passed and many others are lengthy stays causing their floor to be full.

Vaccination is a choice and I’ve mentioned countless times that it should not be a mandate. With that said, if you sit and preach that the unvaccinated are not impacting others…you’re simply spewing misinformation.

My wife deals with Covid patients daily as well. She has since the beginning. She had two vaccinated Covid+ patients last night and many others over the last few weeks. I don’t know the exact ratio of vaccinated vs non vaccinated but more and more vaccinated people are coming in.

The hospital she works at is at capacity but not because of Covid. They were short staffed before covid. Even more so now with the mandates. People are overworked, moral is horrible. Lots of people are fed up and leaving.

Just let people live their lives and make their own decisions.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

At the end of the day in this work environment, if you’re good at what you do and willing to work you won’t find it difficult to find another job if your convictions are so set on not getting a vaccination.

For most of the working force, I can see this to be true. But, What about all the nurses getting fired for not getting the jab? “New York Hospital putting Births on hold”? Yeah, ok, those babies are just going to wait.. coffee

I personally know over a dozen RN’s in many different fields from Private Hospice Care, OR Nurses, ER Nurses, Nurses at nursing homes, that will be fired if/when it is mandated. Ask anyone in the Healthcare field and they will tell you how short staffed they have been for, well, ever.. Good luck finding those replacement nurses that are willing to work even more than they already do.

I feel this is all going to backfire and it won’t be good for anyone.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

What about all the nurses getting fired for not getting the jab?

Where is this happening? Are you referring to employer mandated vaccination policies? The government proposal is mandating vaccination OR weekly tests. Sounds like you are blurring private company policies with the new government one

munchy
    NULL

The government proposal is mandating vaccination OR weekly tests.

Not for Government or Healthcare. It’s mandatory or you’re out, no testing option.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Where is this happening? Are you referring to employer mandated vaccination policies? The government proposal is mandating vaccination OR weekly tests. Sounds like you are blurring private company policies with the new government one

Read the last bullet point on Sharon’s post.

I don’t know of any healthcare facility that doesn’t accept Medicare or Medicaid…

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    The government proposal is mandating vaccination OR weekly tests.

Not for Government or Healthcare. It’s mandatory or you’re out, no testing option.

Thanks. He said it as a past tense or at least that’s how I understood it.

I see that in bidens plan. I had seen that federal workers were mandatory but not health care workers. Not a fan of that move

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>IceNEyes1986 wrote:</div>
    What about all the nurses getting fired for not getting the jab?

My wife’s hospital has a “mandate” stating that you either get the vaccine or submit to the testing weekly. In the same breath, they also have mentioned that nobody is getting fired over it in her department and to relay it to everyone who worked for her. The most qualified people could not afford to be fired over a vaccine or testing as them keeping the hospital open brings in far too much revenue and saves lives. In the same week this “mandate” was mentioned, they were offered 11% raises across the board + 1.5X multipliers to their hourly rate for the foreseeable future (which have been ongoing)…and 2X multipliers for any shifts they pick up.

Imagine 100% 1.5X and some 2X on top of an 11% raise, and people are STILL walking away for both better payment caused by shortages or just to completely get away. If things don’t get under wraps one way or the other, vaccine statuses, mandates, tests, etc are not going to matter whatsoever. Many in the healthcare field are sick of being treated like S*** or being told that their research, science, and careers are “wrong” while they are what keeps people alive and hospitals open.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I had seen that federal workers were mandatory

I work for the feds and we could thin the herd of a few here…

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Aren’t there certain vaccinations that are required when kids go to school? (I dont have any so Im not 100%) on that.

If yes, why is there no push back on those?

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Aren’t there certain vaccinations that are required when kids go to school? (I dont have any so Im not 100%) on that.

There is but you can “opt out” if you get a notarized letter stating why you don’t want the other vaccines for what ever your personal reasons may be.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Yes this a big argument currently. Many of the people refusing this vaccine haven’t refused others

Fowldreams55398

Those are actual vaccinations that work. This is just a shot with “hope” of putting a band-aid on the problem.

Deuces

Us vaxxed folks need seperate VIP lines to Raising Cane’s, liquor stores right before closing, and concert seating priority, etc. This wouldn’t be hard to get the sheep to act accordingly here..

shock doah

You can have all that.
    [/quote]
    Just having fun

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There are requirements in schools. There are also exemptions for vaccinations in schools. The exemptions are exercised rarely as a small percentage of the student population…not nearly the chunk that are unvaccinated for Covid. We’re talking tenths of percentages of students versus 1/3+ of the nation’s population.

When past vaccines were developed they were celebrated and used as a bridge to get over some medical outbreaks. Today’s developments are used instead as ammunition for countless pi$$ing matches by people on both sides. Quite the erosion of society.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

COVID 19 immunization is only authorized for EUA (emergency use authorization) for school age children between 12-16 years of age. None are authorized for kids under 12 yet.

Each state has its own immunization requirements. When COVID 19 vaccines are approved for SA (standard authorization) in school age children, the state will make in mandatory like the other immunizations. That will not be for quite a while.

https://data.web.health.state.mn.us/immunization_school#required

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

When past vaccines were developed they were celebrated and used as a bridge to get over some medical outbreaks.

They were also tested and vetted out over many, many years….. coffee

-J.

Walleye Hungry

I would like to see more information on the antibodies vs vaccination. Both my wife and I contracted COVID prior to vaccines being available and had minimal to no symptoms at all. This has led us to defer away from the vaccine.

I’m sure the government knows the answer to that but then again we have to line their pockets with more Big Pharm money…

Just my opinion and experiences. Carry on

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    When past vaccines were developed they were celebrated and used as a bridge to get over some medical outbreaks.

-J.

The science behind this vaccine is not new and has been studied for years for the flu, Zika, rabies, CMV, etc.

What is new is the politicizing of science, misinformation of science, and the government trying to steer science (again both sides)

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

-J.

My understanding is the Polio vaccine was fresh out of the oven when they injected it into kids and adults alike and all hailed it a miracle.

Deuces

Are people born with photographic memories, or does it take time to develop?

big_g
    Isle, MN

If the vaccine was thoroughly tested, trusted & worked, it would be available only to the very rich, including Congress… the poor would be falling over at a rate of .0004% and the shot would be scarce.. kind of like an epipen.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

My personal OPINION is the most effective vaccine has yet to be created. Probably years away. Meaning one dose that lasts forever. No side effects. May never happen. May just keep mutating.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

My understanding is the Polio vaccine was fresh out of the oven when they injected it into kids and adults alike and all hailed it a miracle.

Google search >>>> “Cutter Incident”

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

For those who say “Its just one of many vaccinations I have taken”… This should show the confidence level they have in the vaccines…Link

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Just completed my covid test for the week at work. I timed it. From my desk to the screening area and back to my desk was 3 minutes 22 seconds. That included the time it took to fill out some paperwork. That is the level of work disruption those of you who don’t work for the federal government or health care of facing with this latest proposal.

Now on the flip side if you’re concerned about this being just one of many steps in the wrong direction I can understand that concern.

To be vaccinated or not should be a choice. It seems we are headed in the direction of a choice with consequences which is unfortunate but not surprising and not unprecedented either. I will say however it seems to be a choice being made largely for political reasons for many rather than medical or personal ones and for those fools I don’t have a lot of sympathy

big_g
    Isle, MN

When questioned about whether the tests will continue to be “free” Biden responded, the employers will be responsible for paying for the tests. Next step, tests will go up an ungodly amount, say $200 each… the vaccine is Free. That would be what the mafia calls “the squeeze”

At a Sept. 10 briefing, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said it would be up to the business whether to cover the cost of testing or require their employees to pay for it. “But I would bet that most would believe the businesses that pay for that,” she said.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Jobs’ is closed to new replies.