Jobs

• CaptainMusky

I am very encouraged about Nova Vax if and when it becomes available.

I was reading up on this a week or so ago too, but its seems like the CDC/FDA is not having much interest in allowing its use here and you can probably follow the trail as to why.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    I am very encouraged about Nova Vax if and when it becomes available.

I was reading up on this a week or so ago too, but its seems like the CDC/FDA is not having much interest in allowing its use here and you can probably follow the trail as to why.

The FDA approved something, you have an issue with that

The FDA doesn’t approve something, you have an issue with that

coffee

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

And then add in this gem “It hasn’t been scrutinized by experts in a peer-review.”

It’s a common thing to release studies as pre-print in an effort of time because the review process can take a month or more. Most will end up being peer reviewed. The review is to determine whether the results and conclusions are significant and the claims are justified.

The point here is that they all seem to agree. You seem to be fixated on the fact they vary some. They really don’t and the results being slightly different are almost always a result of the size of the cohort.

Waning immunity is well known for influenza and coronavirus viruses. That isn’t a surprise. The intent of the studies is to gauge how much and how soon, not IF the immunity wanes.

If it stopped the spread it would be 100% effective. None of the vaccines ever were or ever claimed to be 100% effect. In fact, no vaccine is 100% effective.

Vaccines significantly reduce spread and even more significantly reduce severity of infection. They also reduce the opportunities for them to mutate. This is also important.

CaptainMusky

Vaccines significantly reduce spread and even more significantly reduce severity of infection. They also reduce the opportunities for them to mutate. This is also important.

These vaccines are proving to not be significantly reducing spread by the myriad of things I have said regarding other countries. If its significantly reducing spread, then explain Israel and Iceland and I certainly could find a lot more.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Wodziak wrote:</div>

These vaccines are proving to not be significantly reducing spread by the myriad of things I have said regarding other countries. If its significantly reducing spread, then explain Israel and Iceland and I certainly could find a lot more.

I spent 15 minutes trying to get comparative data between last year and this year and it almost seems like its being suppressed. I couldn’t find any exact numbers for the US. Only articles claiming we have already surpassed last year in deaths worldwide. Misinformation is the new normal so I have no idea but it seems the vax is not nearly as good as they led us to believe and forcing it on citizens is not solving the problem. Just my .02

big_g
    Isle, MN

Personally I have more faith in the medical community than the others (my wife is a nurse practitioner), I would find it really hard to believe the government, medical, science people would dish out a vaccine that is not completely safe for 99% of the population. Even the flu vaccine, aspirin, iodine, insulin and countless others have folks that are allergic, and could have major issues, but the 99% are fine. That’s the way life works. Everything is not for everyone and it never will be, so that’s what we all have to live and deal with.

This is also my reasoning on why not to get the shot… over 99% survival without it… That’s the way life works… exactly. You do you, I will do me.

Mike

This is also my reasoning on why not to get the shot… over 99% survival without it… That’s the way life works… exactly. You do you, I will do me.

Vaccinated people have a higher survival rate. If that’s what you care about, your reasoning is flawed.

CaptainMusky

Well, the data literally suggest that it would likely quite a bit worse not to mention that they are only 63% fully vaccinated. Also, Israel has a very young population making a larger portion ineligible for vaccination.

Note how the 0-19 age group has a far higher share of the cases. It literally proves that the vaccines reduce spread.

Do I need to do Iceland too?

78% of Israels population who are eligible have been fully vaccinated. Currently the 20% (invaxxed) account for half of the severe cases are from unvaccinated people. I wonder who makes up the other half….

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nevermind lol

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

Vaccinated people have a higher survival rate. If that’s what you care about, your reasoning is flawed.

As long as the government (CDC and FDA) can tell doctors what to prescribe and to whom, they will control the numbers and who lives and dies. Do you think the government cares about you ? Do you think Joe Rogan has an agenda ? What’s your conspiracy theory on him ? Are they still paying $13,000 more for a Covid patient ? Do people have really, really, really, short term attention spans and memory ? It’s bizzarro world.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

78% of Israels population who are eligible have been fully vaccinated. Currently the 20% (invaxxed) account for half of the severe cases are from unvaccinated people. I wonder who makes up the other half….

You are using numbers that aren’t relevant to the debate. Those eligible doesn’t give a clear picture of the share that are completely unvaccinated. Not only that, it stands to reason that the share of those eligible are actually mostly 12-20. Even further confirming the point.

I know there are some people with some experience in statistics who could probably explain it better but I’m going to try anyway using the unverified numbers you provided. Whether they are verified or not is irrelevant.

Your numbers actually make statistical sense. Let’s just go with 80% vaccinated and 20 unvaccinated. Let’s go with 100K random sample size. Let’s say the vaccine is 90% effective at preventing severe illness. Current data shows about 2.3% of those unvaccinated are ending up in the hospital.

Of 100k people, 80K are vaccinated, 20K are not.

Of the 20K that are not vaccinated, we would expect 460 hospitalizations.

Of the 80K fully vaccinated reducing your chances of being hospitalized by 90%, we would expect 184 hospitalizations.

It comes out to 70/30 share even though the vaccine is 90% effective at preventing severe illness.

Please note again the the vast majority of spread is amongst healthy young individuals. The share of those hospitalized are overwhelmingly far older and amongst those age groups have a far far higher rate of vaccination.

Ripjiggen

Yes……Joe Rogan just came into the conversation and it only took until page 13. This is great. toast

big_g
    Isle, MN

Yes……Joe Rogan just came into the conversation and it only took until page 13. This is great. toast

And cue the, “that’s funny, what took you so long”, liberal tactic of demeaning the actual subject and ignoring the facts, Ivermectin worked, what he took was not horse dewormer and it costs pennies instead of thousands. What is your hypothesis of what Joe Rogan did ? Is it funny that a drug that can save lives and empty hospital beds with a fast cure… is just swept under a rug and ignored ? Welcome to the worlds biggest circus, plenty of clowns around.

There is a reason that you don’t hear about all these “elites” who break their own rules about masks, gatherings and such… getting Covid and dying… they have access to the drugs “that work” and are not one bit afraid of Covid. Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone had that access ?

Ripjiggen

Sorry but not a liberal. Carry on.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry but not a liberal. Carry on.

So no thoughts on it, just shots ? Just keep scrolling and trolling then coffee

Ripjiggen

Sorry I do not follow UFC announcers medical history.
    I just found it amusing his name was mentioned in this thread about jobs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So if 99% unvaccinated survive, what % of vaccinated survive??

This is turning into a great mathematics thread.

If a person who is unvaccinated travels westbound at 100MPH and crashes into a vaccinated person traveling eastbound, where are the survivors buried?? devil

big_g
    Isle, MN

So if 99% unvaccinated survive, what % of vaccinated survive??

Long term is unknown yet.

Mike

As long as the government (CDC and FDA) can tell doctors what to prescribe and to whom, they will control the numbers and who lives and dies. Do you think the government cares about you ? Do you think Joe Rogan has an agenda ? What’s your conspiracy theory on him ? Are they still paying $13,000 more for a Covid patient ? Do people have really, really, really, short term attention spans and memory ? It’s bizzarro world.

applause

When did I say anything about Joe Rogan? He had monoclonal antibody treatment, an approved treatment for infected individuals.

I’m posting facts backed up by peer reviewed research. You’re spouting misinformation and conspiracy theories.

CaptainMusky

When did I say anything about Joe Rogan? He had monoclonal antibody treatment, an approved treatment for infected individuals.

I’m posting facts backed up by peer reviewed research. You’re spouting misinformation and conspiracy theories.

He also was prescribed Ivermectin which you conveniently left out.

CaptainMusky

You are using numbers that aren’t relevant to the debate. Those eligible doesn’t give a clear picture of the share that are completely unvaccinated. Not only that, it stands to reason that the share of those eligible are actually mostly 12-20. Even further confirming the point.

I had a large post with the age demographics of Israel and each groups vaccination rate but it somehow went poof and I dont want to put the effort together to do it again.
    One stat I remember at the top of my head was that something like 42% of their population of 12 to 15 year olds are vaccinated, but the next age group (16 to 19) up jumps to 79%. Of Israel’s population approx 26% are under 14. Which doesnt easily match up with what we are talking about here, but the majority of the population is 15 to 64.

Gitchi Gummi

Question for the pro-choice/anti-vaxxers… do you wear a seat belt when driving your vehicle down the road? If you get in a high speed accident, a seat belt likely won’t save you from every kind of injury, but it will likely reduce your chance of significant injuries. Does the fact the government made it illegal to not wear your seatbelt infringe on your freedom?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I had a large post with the age demographics of Israel and each groups vaccination rate but it somehow went poof and I dont want to put the effort together to do it again.
    One stat I remember at the top of my head was that something like 42% of their population of 12 to 15 year olds are vaccinated, but the next age group (16 to 19) up jumps to 79%. Of Israel’s population approx 26% are under 14. Which doesnt easily match up with what we are talking about here, but the majority of the population is 15 to 64.

And vaccination rates goes up for every age bracket. It’s well known that those over 65 make up the overwhelming majority of severe illness and death. They also have the highest vaccination rates. It makes sense that the unvaccinated would make up an disproportionate share of the hospitalizations.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

YES!!! We are now getting medical advice from Joe Rogan!

Can’t wait until we hear what nicki Minaj recommends.

Keep it going…I know we can hit 20 pages.

Mike

He also was prescribed Ivermectin which you conveniently left out.

The only way you can be prescribed Ivermectin is to treat head lice or other skin conditions, not for covid.

Why do you keep harping on about Ivermectin? Yes, it’s currently undergoing experimentation for it’s uses as an anti-viral, but you all seem to be very worried about experimental drugs?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

To try and bring this discussion full circle, the goal here is to reach a level of immunity where COVID becomes endemic and hospitals don’t become overwhelmed like what is happening across the country right now. It’s clear that it is going to take a very high level of immunity to reach that.

Letting it burn unchecked even at the current level of immunity is going to cause massive problems for hospitals for quite some time to come. Regardless of what Biden or other politicians say, we need to get to 90-95% immunity (this is my prediction) before we can be confident that we won’t see widespread hospital issues.

Back in early August it was estimated that 80M Americans had no antibodies whatsoever. Not sure where we’re at now but there is undoubtedly still plenty of fuel to burn. The longer people hold out the longer this goes.

COVID will always be with us but we can greatly reduce its impact to a level similar to influenza.

Speaking of the flu, mRNA vaccines are going to be tested for the flu as well in hopes of covering more strains, greatly improving efficacy and durability.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Ivermectin was only proven to have antiviral properties in in vitro lab tests. Never in humans. It would require a dose 100-1000 times the safe dose for humans to even reach antiviral properties.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Question for the pro-choice/anti-vaxxers… do you wear a seat belt when driving your vehicle down the road? If you get in a high speed accident, a seat belt likely won’t save you from every kind of injury, but it will likely reduce your chance of significant injuries. Does the fact the government made it illegal to not wear your seatbelt infringe on your freedom?

Driving is a privilege.
    Yes, I took the written test recently waytogo

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

and hospitals don’t become overwhelmed like what is happening across the country right now.

And at what capacity are they operating at? Facilities are there. Is there a staff shortage? 🤔

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Speaking of the flu, mRNA vaccines are going to be tested for the flu as well in hopes of covering more strains, greatly improving efficacy and durability

Kewl. Never took one of them either. waytogo

I am part of a team working on building the fastest computer in the world, used to solve problems like covid and such. But we won’t be done until sometime next year. Fun fact for ya fella

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Jobs’ is closed to new replies.