Its official as of Oct 1st canada

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That awesome we are starting to plan our first trip back up to Kenora next summer since this crap hit.

Umy
    South Metro

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

big_g
    Isle, MN

Will also start the planning for June 2023 !!! yay smash peace

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

coffee

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s Great New. Hope all of you who stopped going to Canada due to all the extra hassle or requirements will now plan a trip. The business’s there sure could use the $. I think most business’s there were hurt even worse than ours here were. The resorts and other business’s associated with the resort business for sure.

shefland
    Walker

Oct 3rd to the NW Angle for our group. We went last year, but had issues with the ArriveCan app

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Nice. Thanks for info. If there are zero covid restrictions, might have to plan a trip for next year. Would love to go back.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Thank god.I hope some of the water in the states loses some traffic.

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Anyone hear about getting back in to the US once across? I assume the US does not have any restrictions but have not heard.

CaptainMusky

Anyone hear about getting back in to the US once across? I assume the US does not have any restrictions but have not heard.

We didnt have any issues coming back in June. No testing required, etc. I dont believe anything changed. I believe air travel is different however.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

wow! that’s great news! so just a normal passport is required now?

Gregg Gunter

Minnesota and a few other border states have the Enhanced Drivers License. It allows you to enter Canada just using your license, no passport required. Just got mine.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Minnesota and a few other border states have the Enhanced Drivers License. It allows you to enter Canada just using your license, no passport required. Just got mine.

Just a FYI. If renewing a passport pay the few extra $ and get the Passport ID card as well. This passport ID card trumps the Enhanced drivers license for flying in the us as well as can be used for entry into Canada and Mexico ( By land only I believe ) The passport ID card cost far less than the enhanced Drivers license and is good for 10 years. Its all I’ve used for entry into Canada the last few trips. Here is the Info. on the passport ID card:

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) accepts the passport card as ID for domestic flights. Use the passport card when entering the United States at land-border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.

tswoboda

FT, last time I renewed the enhanced DL was only $15 more than a regular DL renewal. I got it years ago just as a backup for if (when) I forget my passport because I’m an idiot about stuff like that. I know I’ll always have my driver’s license on me. It’s nice when fishing the Angle too because then I don’t need to keep my passport in the boat – back to that whole me being an idiot thing.

I’ve used the Enhanced DL a few times just to try it out and no issues.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

FT, last time I renewed the enhanced DL was only $15 more than a regular DL renewal. I got it years ago just as a backup for if (when) I forget my passport because I’m an idiot about stuff like that. I know I’ll always have my driver’s license on me. It’s nice when fishing the Angle too because then I don’t need to keep my passport in the boat – back to that whole me being an idiot thing.

I’ve used the Enhanced DL a few times just to try it out and no issues.

I believe the enhanced DL is the Reg. license fee + 15.00 more and is only good for 4 years. The Passport id card is like 50.00 the first time and like 25-30 to renew it and its good for 10 years. So overall the cost is probably about the same. Its just nice to have the passport id card to use for both domestic flights as well as entry into Canada and Mexico. I was not aware that the enhanced DL also worked for entry into Canada and Mexico.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I just renewed my enhanced DL last week. Its 35 bucks.

I allowed my passport to expire instead of renewing that though. I haven’t traveled outside of the country for years other than for work, so the enhanced works for domestic flights and border crossing into Canada now. Its good for 4 years.

Cam White

There are no restrictions on us citizens reentering the us. The covid restrictions are only for foreign nationals entering the us.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.