It's official

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The wife and I purchased our new home last Thursday and closed on our previous home today. Currently sitting in my living room drinking a beer surrounded by boxes and couldn’t be happier. Next up on the list, now that I have room for it, is to finally get the boat out of storage and get on the water and start enjoying the summer. toast

Sharon
    SE Metro

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys! Are you far from your old home? Moves can be tough, but also a fun chance to clear out clutter and organize.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Congrats! That must be a huge relief. Enjoy the new place and get that boat wet.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Congrats on the big move Crappie!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Congratulations…now the fun begins unpacking..

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

congrats!! enjoy!

MNdrifter

Congratulations crappie! I’m still renting since September. Wife,two kids, a dog, and myself in a 800 sqft, 2 beds 1 and a 1/2 bath house 1 car garage that costs $200/month less than my mortgage was. All so we can be “non contingent”, that isn’t even helping us. 3 times over the last 8 months we got into bidding wars on houses, up to 40k over asking. And at least that many we never even got calls back on our offers. It sucks. I’m about to give up, buy a townhouse in the same development we came from. Then buy land and put up a shed. Hopefully build in 5-6yrs. This situation is really hard on the marriage, and kids. I sure hope we get some luck soon. At least I’ve gotten my boat wet a time or two. That and the camping and ice fishing. Anything to get out of our rent a dump, with drug dealing neighbors, and 94 yr old crabby old man who called the cops on me last week for saying a swear word in front of my kid. And the drunk across the street that backed into my work car last week. Consider yourself lucky!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Congrats Crappie!

(new house and more fishing time generally don’t go hand in hand btw ) )

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Congrats crappie.

Drifter, that sux. Good luck getting up and out of there.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats! toast

-J.

404 ERROR
    MN

Congrats! I’ve got a buddy who’s been looking for a new home for the last 6+ months with no luck…It sure is a sellers market!

The FW and I looked up and down for 4-5 months a few years ago with close to a dozen bidding wars, no callbacks or straight up asking price denials…Ended up getting a call from my brother who was selling his house and we scooped it up…Not exactly what we wanted, but it was good enough and the price was right.

Clear out the junk and enjoy the new digs. If anyone in the house dislikes the paint choice in any room, get it over with now…just a tip doah

hnd

moved in march. garage still half full of boxes. basement still packed. hoping to be in the boat by fall.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thanks all! Yeah I’m not sure if we just got lucky with getting our new place or what but this is the only house we put an offer in on and we only looked at 3 houses total. I think out my way it’s less crazy than closer to the cities but the market is still crazy here. We disclosed everything with the sale of our previous home and it sold 3x in a matter of 5 days. 1st buyer backed out, 2nd one lost their financing and 3rd one stayed true. We priced it to include the issues though so that helped but we still came out ahead and we only purchased 3 years ago which says a lot about the market. With the new house we were in competition with a few other buyers but only had to go a few k above asking. I’ve read about people looking to buy in S Minneapolis or the inner ring and houses having 40+ offers on it. That’s just nuts. I hope your situation improves drifter. If you need a good realitor let me know we used a different person this time and he was great! 35 years experience and he really looked out for us throughout the whole process. I will say that the list of available houses is tiny! We were looking for a few months and honestly only saw maybe 5 houses in that time that meet our criteria in our price range.

Yes Sharon we only moved about a mile away from our last home. Still in mound.

DRH1175

Enjoy the fishing!! I severely injured My knee March 6. And though the healing is going good. It will be atleast another month before I can get in a boat again. So when you get out enjoy the hell out of it for ME!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Congrats!

We are currently in the process of buying a house in Palmetto, FL. We are downsizing from our lease, but we are gaining a pool. We will also have to build a Lanai because we spend 80%+ of our time sitting outside.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.