Issue with Quickdraw Contours

• Jared

Apologies if this has been covered in a previous forum but figured I would ask seeing as Garmin CS has never heard of this issue.

I have a 93sv that I’ve been attempting to record quickdraw contours on. When I start recording, no matter what depth of water I’m in, my contours show up in red. I have my current depth shading so red is 0-10′, but at depths of 15-30′ and greater my contours are still always displaying in red, generally with no numbers within the contours. Weirdest thing is existing built-in maps and community contours show up perfectly, and all other functions of the unit work flawlessly.

I’ve always had the green halo around the boat when recording, all software is up to date, and I have an ActiveCaptain card in.
    I’m generally pretty good with these units but this one stumped me, and seems to have stumped Garmin CS as well.

The attached photo (albeit bad resolution) shows existing community contours shaded correctly, and then a stretch I recorded in red as well as a big green blob of nothing. The water where the red recorded contours are ranges from 20-30′.

Appreciate any insight you may have, hopefully this is something stupid-simple I’m missing.

Attachments:
    1. Quickdraw-example.jpg

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

What about spot depth?

Jared

The depth of water where the boat is has always been accurate, if that’s what you mean by spot depth.

Even when recording quickdraw contours the depth will read correctly on the unit, it will just plot on the map inaccurately.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

Spot depth and shallow shading are two additional forms of shading that you will see in your chart settings.
    I don’t think that’s your issue… it sure seems like a bug to me… but wouldn’t hurt to disable those just to confirm that your depth shading is the only thing being displayed.
    It’s almost like quickdraw is pulling from an incorrect transducer source or something.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Sometimes my contours will show yellow or red if I’m going too fast. You could try going idle speed or also adjusting your beam width or frequency to see if that helps.

Jared

I figured it out… turns out that yes, it was something stupid-simple I was missing.

My user-created quickdraw contours were set at a -15 foot offset.

sipple31
    West Central Sconni

I figured it out… turns out that yes, it was something stupid-simple I was missing.

My user-created quickdraw contours were set at a -15 foot offset.

ah hah! Makes complete sense. Thank you for following-up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.