Is this right?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Should cities by allowed to sue car companies because their cars are to easy to steal?

1 million car thefts in the country last year.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think this should be a Friday night discussion

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

In before someone says they should go after the criminals.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

More importantly, in before another Dutch post gets locked. I’ve been slacking the last few days and feel left out.

B-man

It’s not a problem with a car being easy to steal, it’s a problem with the city harboring/enabling shitty people.

You should be able to leave your car running in a gas station parking lot.

If you don’t feel safe leaving your vehicle running while you’re in the store, it’s time to move (my opinion)

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

More importantly, in before another Dutch post gets locked. I’ve been slacking the last few days and feel left out.

Maybe you and Crappie can have a race to notify the moderators to get the thread locked since just passing it by is beyond your guys ability.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s not a problem with a car being easy to steal, it’s a problem with the city harboring/enabling shitty people.

If you don’t feel safe leaving your vehicle running while you’re in the store, it’s time to move (my opinion)

100 percent agree. The city who attempts to sue The auto maker should be completely disgusted in there own behavior and is exactly what’s wrong with society

glenn57
    cold spring mn

NO. Maybe be a little more harsh on the thieves!!

Good one Dutchy!! LOL!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you use that as a basis of where to live. You will be moving often. Just as many lowlife dirtbags living in small town USA as well these days

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>B-man wrote:</div>

If you use that as a basis of where to live. You will be moving often. Just as many lowlife dirtbags living in small town USA as well these days

I agree that there’s crappy people everywhere, but they’re definitely concentrated in certain areas. The more concentrated they are, the more often things occur and bolder they become.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

This topic just reminds me for the 1000th time that you couldn’t pay me enough to live in a town, in a large city, in the suburbs…generally anywhere but the country.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I would never leave my car running with unlocked doors anywhere. Ever. That’s just an open invitation for theft.

Ripjiggen

This topic just reminds me for the 1000th time that you couldn’t pay me enough to live in a town, in a large city, in the suburbs…generally anywhere but the country.

It reminds me of the 1000 similar topics that have been posted and the same 6 people arguing back and forth.

To the original topic….
    I say no but then again I have read about some pretty dumb people suing and getting money for some real dumb stuff.
    So not that surprising.

A woman suing Kraft Heinz Co. because she says Velveeta’s microwaveable mac and cheese cups are not “ready in three and a half minutes.” In the lawsuit, the woman claims the time on the front of the package does not include other “time-consuming” steps such as tearing off the lid

Heckard filed a lawsuit against Michael Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight for a combined $832 million. Half of the amount, $416 million, was aimed at Jordan simply for having similar facial features, while the other $416 million was aimed at Nike for turning Jordan into the recognizable figure that he is. Heckard had been mistaken for the NBA superstar for the last 15 years and had grown tired of it. Heckard told the court that Jordan caused him emotional pain and suffering, defamation and personal injury.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well at least if you’re an X-con you can now vote for someone to not through you back in jail after you steal one.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Maybe you and Crappie can have a race to notify the moderators to get the thread locked since just passing it by is beyond your guys ability.

Never once notified a mod about locking a thread. You seem to be pretty capable of getting them locked down yourself. In fact, you’re the GOAT.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thank you.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Should banks leave their doors and vault unlocked at night?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

How it works: Thieves bust a window and remove part of the steering column’s cover, exposing the ignition. They break the ignition cylinder off and start the vehicle with a flathead screwdriver or USB plug-in.

They’re “just the perfect size to put in the opening,” Sam Hussein, president of Metrotech Automotive Group auto repair in Dearborn, Mich., tells Axios.
    The method works on 2011-2021 Kias and 2016-2021 Hyundais that use a steel key, not a fob and push-button start. They are targeting cars that lack engine immobilizers — devices that don’t allow the car to start without the correct smart key present, per the automakers.

https://www.axios.com/2022/08/27/kia-hyundai-thefts-stolen-usb-immobilizer-tiktok

Maybe if it was possible for a larger portion of the population to make a living wage, crime wouldn’t be such an issue.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

[/quote]

Why whatever do you mean? I merely suggested this thread take place on Friday so I’ll have something to look forward to this weekend.

MX1825

No. It is not a safety issue. If people don’t want to buy their models of cars it will send a message.
    Push button start cars are just as easy if you know how. Thieves can clone your fob by being in front of your house with the right electronics. Come back when your sleeping and drive away with no damage.
    Give more convictions and harsher penalties for the thieves.
    The cities involved with suing Kia/Hyundai are Cleveland, Columbus, Milwaukee, and Madison which are ALL very liberal. whistling

B-man

Should banks leave their doors and vault unlocked at night?

If the world was full of decent human beings they would be able to.

I’ve been trusted to enter countless homes over the years, many without the homeowners there.

They could set $1,000,000 in cash on the countertop and the only thing I would do is call them and let them know they left it out (and feel obligated to do so).

Would you do the same? I know you would and you’re a decent human being.

But it’s unfortunate that far too many people grow up without morals.

Yet somehow, in some people’s eyes, it’s a car manufacturer’s fault or an owner of something being stolen if it wasn’t under lock and key…

Sometimes I envy the days of shooting horse thieves on site. If there were true consequences for people’s actions our planet would be in a far better place.

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

Yeah, banks havent been robbed since the beginning of money. Trains never got robbed either, right? Acting like crime is a new thing is funny as hell. Humans havent had morals since we could walk upright. Hell, the bible is full of immoral people. rotflol

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

But i agree, cities suing car companies is super dumb.

B man, you advocate for killing of horse thieves. I highly doubt you could pull the trigger to shoot a horse thief. I mean, after all, you have good morals, right?

B-man

Yeah, banks havent been robbed since the beginning of money. Trains never got robbed either, right? Acting like crime is a new thing is funny as hell. Humans havent had morals since we could walk upright. Hell, the bible is full of immoral people. rotflol

I never implied that crime is a new thing.

Shitty people aren’t new either, but a slap on the wrist that most people get in today’s courts is a joke.

Felonies get pled down to misdemeanors thousands of times a day.

Why?

It’s because there’s too many crimes…there’s too many crimes because the punishment gets pled down to a joke and (maybe) a small fine.

Then that same person repeats their actions time and time again.

B-man

But i agree, cities suing car companies is super dumb.

B man, you advocate for killing of horse thieves. I highly doubt you could pull the trigger to shoot a horse thief. I mean, after all, you have good morals, right?

I don’t have a horse, but if someone tried to break into my house or take my kids I’d pull the trigger with a smile toast

phishingruven
    tip of the mitten

Defending your family is not the same as stopping a horse thief. Nice goal post move. waytogo

I too would defend my family and self. But having to live with the taking of another humans life would never be an easy thing, regardless of the need.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

Hang em high, when there is no consequence the unmoral will run free.
    I believe the horse thieving reference would have to do when horses were the life blood of a family. Mess around and find out…

gregory
    Red wing,mn

It’s only right if I can sue spoon and fork manufacturers for me eating too much and getting fat! Or Beer manufacturers because I drank to much and got dwi. It’s ludicrous. But there’s not much penalty, so it’s worth the risk for the criminals.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Maybe if it was possible for a larger portion of the population to make a living wage, crime wouldn’t be such an issue.
    [/quote]

It is very possible. No education needed, paid training even. Jobs are open all over the place. But I forgot we shouldn’t hold criminals liable.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.