Is There Traffic Enforcement In The Twin Cities?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>
    Chicago has it’s own issues, but they are related to those in Mpls.

Don’t you worry buddy, Al W and I are meeting in WI next week to work out the details of Lori L spending her 2nd term in MPLS,,,,,

HRG

She might as well. Most of her constituents vote here also. coffee

bigpike

Hey, are you guys telling me it’s not safe/worth coming to the NW Sports Show in March ’22? And Chicago gets a bad rap?

HRG

Please give me a major city that dosen’t have a bad rap after the last year and its gonna get worse before it gets better.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Please give me a major city that dosen’t have a bad rap after the last year and its gonna get worse before it gets better.

The difference is that shitcago has always has a bad rap and its never going to improve, pandemic or not. My only brother has lived in west shitcago for 16 years and the only reason I’ve ever visited him is because I was the best man in his wedding!

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Our society is switching over to the Honor System.

Finally, free golf for life.

Life’s a zoo, act accordingly.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently there is going to be extra patrols on the waterways during the holiday weekend. Just saw it on the news tonight. Five times the normal number of patrols and zero tolerance.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Apparently there is going to be extra patrols on the waterways during the holiday weekend. Just saw it on the news tonight. Five times the normal number of patrols and zero tolerance.

According to some of the threads lately that’s good news,right?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Just read a Hennepin Co judge just ruled that the City of Minneapolis MUST hire up to 730 officers by June 30th of next year after citizens filed a lawsuit against the city. Let’s hope it actually happens and they can find that many officers willing to do it.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Lots of people in the cities think the rural areas are full of dumb hicks with guns, and they’re afraid of the rural areas. Lots of people in the rural areas think the cities are full of gang bangers with guns, and they’re afraid of the cities. Blah, blah, blah … both areas have plenty of problems and both stereotypes are flat out wrong. As importantly, either area would fail without the other. Some of you guys need to google “confirmation bias.”

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Lots of people in the cities think the rural areas are full of dumb hicks with guns, and they’re afraid of the rural areas. Lots of people in the rural areas think the cities are full of gang bangers with guns, and they’re afraid of the cities. Blah, blah, blah … both areas have plenty of problems and both stereotypes are flat out wrong. As importantly, either area would fail without the other. Some of you guys need to google “confirmation bias.”

Well said.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

As a simple fact, there are speeders everywhere. In a large metropolitan area the density will allow you to see more speeders than say a town of 2500 but percentage speaking most are all very similar in regards to stupid drivers.

But don’t let that get in the way of the rurals here for a good ranting on city life.

Yup, we are all speeders, our food sucks, our sport teams suck, our children are emo weenies and we all wish we had 40 acres out in the country wearing matching jean overalls……

To the first paragraph, top tier preposterous statement birth.

The second one sounds like, well, a rant.

The third? Sounds like you’re jealous of my overalls. smash

jime

There are Slob hunters, just as there are Slop cops.

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>john23 wrote:</div>

Well said.

I’m reading this waking up in the country. I bet when my wife came home last night from work she left the front doors open that I left open when I went to bed. Does that have something to do with confirmation bias?

bigpike

Gosh darn. The patio door is open also…..oh and I just realised the neighbors from the city are up with people visiting I never met. I’m gonna take a walk down to the dock and cast my fishing gear that I left on my boat last night with the key in the ignition. I think this is more of that confirmation stuff going on around here.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Gosh darn. The patio door is open also…..oh and I just realised the neighbors from the city are up with people visiting I never met. I’m gonna take a walk down to the dock and cast my fishing gear that I left on my boat last night with the key in the ignition. I think this is more of that confirmation stuff going on around here.

Amen to that. I have family that visit from the cites and I have ample room in garages to let them park inside. Funny thing is they lock there car and take the keys! Can’t tell you how many times I have left the garage doors open. No city life for me! Don’t blame the police for not wanting to do traffic stops when the media plagues them for every little thing they do. I would not want to wear there shoe’s.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

How bad is it? It’s this bad…. coffee

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) – A Hennepin County District Court judge has ordered the city of Minneapolis to hire more police officers.

According to an order filed Thursday, the city council and Mayor Jacob Frey are ordered to “immediately take any and all necessary action to ensure that they fund a police force.”
    Residents file lawsuit against Minneapolis over decreased police staffing levels

Some are calling it an “exodus” as more officers within the Minneapolis Police Department look to take medical leave or leave the department permanently. As the staffing levels decrease, some concerned residents are filing a lawsuit against city.

That means the city must employ 730 sworn officers by June 30 of next year.

According to the Upper Midwest Law Center, the city of Minneapolis project only 669 sworn officers as of June 1, 2022.

The people who filed the lawsuit are residents of Minneapolis’ Hawthorne and Jordan neighborhoods. They are Cathy Spann, Sondra Samuels, Don Samuels, Audua Pugh, Jonathan Lundberg, Aimee Lundberg, Georgianna Yantos and Juliee Oden.

Samuels, a former Minneapolis City Councilmember, said he and his co-petitioners demanded enough active-duty officers to patrol the city’s streets.

“We have made the emotional appeal,” said Samuels. “We have demonstrated the statistical uptick and now this is the legal action we are exercising because it seems as if the City Council cannot hear us and doesn’t feel what we feel.”

The City Attorney’s Office is reviewing the decisions, according to a city official.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So they are projected to be 61 officers short. Can’t some of that be off set by not having to patrol burned neighborhoods (blocks).

The reply from Frey (has he come out of his bunker yet?) will be interesting. Maybe he can ask his buddy Walz how he could have F’d things up more.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

According to some of the threads lately that’s good news,right?

Absolutely, more enforcement can only help especially on the busiest holiday of the entire season.

I guess the one problem is that if the normal amount of patrols is zero, 5 times that is still zero.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>john23 wrote:</div>

Well said.

toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The cops are too busy going from one call to another from people getting their Cadillac converters stolen.

The metro area is in a tailspin. The liberals got what they were asking for.

Don’t kid yourself. They have only just began.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As importantly, either area would fail without the other.

x1000 Exactly my point from earlier, the more people understand that the better. Meanwhile I’ll still enjoy the phenomenal restaurants in MSP/StP that survived the last year+, and enjoy shooting my guns and exercising my redneck side up north. Still a pretty great state in the greatest country in the world!

Don Samuels, a former Minneapolis City Councilmember, said he and his co-petitioners demanded enough active-duty officers to patrol the city’s streets

Don Samuels is a great follow on FB, that provides a great perspective from living over North and the need for both rather than either/or conversations.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The cops are too busy going from one call to another from people getting their Cadillac converters stolen.

Its Catalytic converter. Sorry it truly bugs me somehow. I work in the auto industry. Carry on everyone. wave

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This is all to true.

despite what what social media and media shows, most people in the cities are good people, most cops are good people. being all doom and gloom does no good. what big werm mentioned, need more leaders like that Don fella (no idea who he is, just judging off Big werms post), get conversations from both sides going, us vs them wont do any good, but maybe thats the anti-2 party system in me..

we got our problems outstate as well, notice those human trafficking billboards lately?

Slipbob nick

I believe most people are good, but the metro is going down hill fast. I’m not talking about surbubia when I say the metro.

Out here I’d have no problem taking the family to a game or dinner late in the evening and letting the kids run around. Down in the cities when there is an even my first thought is when does it get over and where would a person need to walk safety wise.

tim hurley

Back in the 70s crime was terrible and going up (listen to Shadder by the Stones) The police only focused on significant crime and were evenly dispersed. They decided to focus on areas with high crime and to focus on ALL crime, the theory was if petty crime went down homicide would go down. Oh this was in New York where crime was terrible. The approach was so successful at reducing crime that it was copied all over the country. The results were the same wherever it was tried, this approach is now being dismantled, so many were not alive or do not remember what our country was like in the 70s. Had you bought a brownstone in Harlem NY in the 70s your family might have questioned your sanity but now you would be rich-oh NYC adopted strict gun control laws too, another can of worms.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Feathers wrote:</div>

Its Catalytic converter. Sorry it truly bugs me somehow. I work in the auto industry. Carry on everyone. wave

One of my technicians at a former dealership, used to call them Catholic Convertors. jester

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Back in the 70s crime was terrible and going up (listen to Shadder by the Stones) The police only focused on significant crime and were evenly dispersed. They decided to focus on areas with high crime and to focus on ALL crime, the theory was if petty crime went down homicide would go down. Oh this was in New York where crime was terrible. The approach was so successful at reducing crime that it was copied all over the country. The results were the same wherever it was tried, this approach is now being dismantled, so many were not alive or do not remember what our country was like in the 70s. Had you bought a brownstone in Harlem NY in the 70s your family might have questioned your sanity but now you would be rich-oh NYC adopted strict gun control laws too, another can of worms.

If you focus and patrol those areas now its hate, and protested. Even if the crimal shoots first, the first thing asked is race.
    No wonder the police don’t want to do police jobs. I personally wanted to be a cop growing up. Thank the lord I didn’t live that out. I’d be 34 as a metro cop, I get why they all want nothing to do with it.
    The small percentage that makes the news is what ruins everything for both sides. Ill sue you if you don’t patrol, but we’ll sue you if you judged us thinking we did wrong.

Umy
    South Metro

Lost me at “GOOGLE” ……….

glenn57
    cold spring mn

up here in coldspring, stearns county, we are haveing some of the same issues!!

my kid works part time at a liquor store on weekends and he said 2 city cops quit and found civilian employment because of all the politics, being shorthanded and working to many extra hours!!!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The ignorance of what is happening in the city by some on this thread is frustrating. The same folks that call out the media as puppets for the liberals are the ones getting their info from said media. I know some of you work in and commute through the city but I’ve lived in the city for over 20 years. What has happened in the last 18 months has only strengthened my resolve to stay here and ensure the city remains a safe and vibrant place to live.

I’ll invite any of you to come down to my place in South Mpls and have a beer in my backyard. I might even take you out on the river and show you my urban walleye fishing is better than anything you have. lol I think you’ll find most of us “citiots” aren’t very different from the folks who choose to live rural.

If the city isn’t your cup of tea that’s fine….but don’t make blanket statements that we’re in a tailspin or it’s not safe to walk on the streets. It wasn’t true in the past and isn’t true now.

We need more cops….no doubt about that. Criminals seem emboldened in certain parts of the city. Unfortunately those are the same place that have always had crime problems. But, you’re now seeing even the liberal former politicians take a stand and it’s beginning to work. The current city council members aren’t going to last because they are allowing the vocal minority, most who have no vested interest in the city, drive their politics.

It’s extremely frustrating to see these threads devolve into a city versus rural thing. There are good and bad with both but don’t crap on my hometown because I wouldn’t do the same to yours.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.