Is There Traffic Enforcement In The Twin Cities?

• B-man

Curious if they really gave up?

My morning drive to Apple Valley flies by. I haven’t seen a cop in two weeks, and “the flow” of traffic is routinely 15+ mph over the posted. There’s areas where the flow is consistently 20 mph over posted (like in the 45mph zone on 35E)

I’m not complaining, but it just seems odd to be going that fast jester

It’s nothing to see a handful of cars everyday going 25-30 mph over, and no one is ever pulled over?

Brad Dimond

I live near 35W & 494. Every night I hear motorcycles and cars screaming down the freeway. Have yet to hear a siren this summer.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I would guess the “thin blue line” is a bit pissed. Can’t say as I blame them.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

I was on 55 west of Plymouth over the weekend. There were 2 squad cars parked for what looked like speed traps but traffic was moving at 10 mph over the limit and they never moved.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Our society is switching over to the Honor System.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

If I was a cop I’d give up. Thankless job where everyone turns their back on you as soon as something happens. I know they desperately need help at about every police department in MN

Brad Dimond

The thin blue line is continually thinner given the number of retirements, medical disabilities and resignations occurring statewide.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We have cops that sit with us on jobsites. Talking to them lately they said most of the twin cities patrols are now just sitting in corners and taking turns napping. They can’t do anything because the bosses don’t have there backs. So that’s what you will start seeing for now on.
    Unless some one is getting murdered, they won’t even go to calls any more. The one told me some one called about a robbery last week, and the dispatch told them to stay away and let the criminals do there thing.

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

We have cops that sit with us on jobsites. Talking to them lately they said most of the twin cities patrols are now just sitting in corners and taking turns napping. They can’t do anything because the bosses don’t have there backs. So that’s what you will start seeing for now on.
    Unless some one is getting murdered, they won’t even go to calls any more. The one told me some one called about a robbery last week, and the dispatch told them to stay away and let the criminals do there thing.

God help us all…
    Just another reason to never go near the twin cities metro area.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

What was that movie a few years ago about New York City being a giant prison where the inmates ran it?

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Its insane down here. What’s worse than speeders…NO ONE stops at red lights anymore…NO ONE!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have definitely seen the same trend the OP speaks of on the roads. People are obviously speeding and there’s less drivers pulled over. Not just in the metro either. I see drivers flying through construction zones.

Pat K
    Empire, MN

What was that movie a few years ago about New York City being a giant prison where the inmates ran it?

“Escape From New York” Great movie with Kurt Russel

Reef W

So what are we paying them for?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

Who’s paying what? The are fighting being defunded. Call the new ” social workers ” they are the new heros of the city.
    They ask you nicely now to stop doing illegal activity, just call the mayor of mpls, and police chief.

Reef W

Who’s paying what? The are fighting being defunded. Call the new ” social workers ” they are the new heros of the city.
    They ask you nicely now to stop doing illegal activity, just call the mayor of mpls, and police chief.

I don’t even know what you are getting at here. The taxpayers are paying the wages of police who are apparently just taking turns napping and refusing to respond to calls according to you.

If you are talking about Minneapolis specifically the 2021 budget is 164 million dollars for police.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Let me see…………4th of July weekend. Hot weather. No cops. Maybe I should go hit the clubs on Hennepin this weekend. Sounds like a safe fun activity. coffee

Ripjiggen

Bman that area on 35 you refer to is typically well over the speed limit. Not many realize that a highway would be 45 mph. Doubt the route you take gets patrolled by local police.
    BC you are referring to Minneapolis police. Big difference what is happening there vs other metro areas. Just sayin.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Reef, if you don’t or can’t see the problem. Then you are part of it. chased

-J.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I don’t even know what you are getting at here. The taxpayers are paying the wages of police who are apparently just taking turns napping and refusing to respond to calls according to you.

If you are talking about Minneapolis specifically the 2021 budget is 164 million dollars for police.

Talking mpls. And you’ll have to take that up with them not me, just telling you what the patrol men we talked to said.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Bman that area on 35 you refer to is typically well over the speed limit. Not many realize that a highway would be 45 mph. Doubt the route you take gets patrolled by local police.
    BC you are referring to Minneapolis police. Big difference what is happening there vs other metro areas. Just sayin.

Yes thats what I’m referring to. And I’m well aware it’s different all around. I just got a speeding ticket in north branch last week. Those cops are still all around.

Deuces

As a simple fact, there are speeders everywhere. In a large metropolitan area the density will allow you to see more speeders than say a town of 2500 but percentage speaking most are all very similar in regards to stupid drivers.

But don’t let that get in the way of the rurals here for a good ranting on city life.

Yup, we are all speeders, our food sucks, our sport teams suck, our children are emo weenies and we all wish we had 40 acres out in the country wearing matching jean overalls……

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Don’t speed on 494 between Eden Prairie and Plymouth on weekend mornings. I’ve seen people pulled over for 10+ years. Local police and state patrol. When they are really serious, they’ll have someone on a bridge with a radar gun and the “chasers” are lined up on the on ramp ready to roll!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

But don’t let that get in the way of the rurals here for a good ranting on city life.

Yup, we are all speeders, our food sucks, our sport teams suck, our children are emo weenies and we all wish we had 40 acres out in the country wearing matching jean overalls……

X2. Looking through this thread about half of the posters dont live anywhere near the metro including the OP last time i checked yet they are all experts on what happens in the metro

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

X2. Looking through this thread about half of the posters dont live anywhere near the metro including the OP last time i checked yet they are all experts on what happens in the metro

You guys realize we are here more then at home. Or what’s it matter where we live. Im not bashing city folks just stating simple facts. What ever nick posted is more stirring the pot then anything.
    I think the food down here is the bomb. But your teams do suck

Just so you are aware my shop is off 94 and Dowling. I’ve been down here for 15 years. I’m well aware

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes and we are all white so therefore we can know nothing of struggles of other races. Bla, bla, bla.

I know as much about the metro as you will ever know.

bigpike

I didn’t think the cities had cops anymore?

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know what’s happening in those cities. It’s been all over the news ands social media for over a year now.
    Don’t forget a lot of us overall wearing folks work down there…
    Imagine if they didn’t come to work? What would the cities look like then?

[/quote]

Let the defund the police movement succeed and you’ll learn the answer to that question.

Reef, if you don’t or can’t see the problem. Then you are part of it. chased

-J.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 214 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.