Is IDO Site/Server Maintenance Happening?

• Sharon
    SE Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>
    Careful Capt I hear her Dad is around here! Lol

She gets around, but NOT in a bad way!

You guys are a hoot!! rotflol rotflol Yep, I’m over on MNO. I’m a computer nerd so online forums and other social media are fun to check out! Reminds me back in the day of AOL chat rooms! mrgreen

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

i certainly dont want to see this site die either. BUT MNO is where i go alot also, is pretty much no advertising and it works well!!!! Just saying!

MNO looks like a nice site. Thank you for the information. I am going to join them. That doesn’t mean I am leaving IDO. (Sorry, I will still be around here.)

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Well… I did just have to resubmit that last message twice. flame

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Is there any p!$$ing and moaning,arguing who’s right or wrong on a choice or decision i or anybody else made concerning health,politics,etc,etc?
    If it’s all sunshine and roses than i’m in.

dirtywater

I get a kick out of the whining, demanding fixes, using profanity, throwing shade at the people who run the site, playing armchair IT guy etc. This is a feee Internet forum. Enough already.

I am NO IT GUY, but if I had to take a guess at whats wrong its this, there are too many places to put up a post, too many places to upload a video, a pretty picture of a fish and yer ugly ass self and with each and every change, each one of these changes cause changes within the site algorithm which in turn seeks out who is potential spam, virus, etc and you get booted, flagged, blocked whatever the effe the site does.

I’m no mechanic or master diagnostician but based on the above I have a sneaking suspicion I’d have a better shot at troubleshooting my carb than you would a website. This is not a complex website with too many bells and whistles. If anything it’s the opposite— it’s a bit of an old dog trying to survive on an internet that is all about new tricks. We all know what happens to old dogs, sadly.

Gitchi Gummi

incase this helps any of the troubleshooting, I get this error frequently when loading a page or making a post times out

Attachments:
    1. 2023-10-25_12-29-39.png

Gitchi Gummi

holy smokes is the site slow lately. took me close to 5 minutes just to navigate to this thread to make a post. I understand it is a free site and maintenance costs money. Unfortunately if status quo is maintained, people will leave and this site will end up in the same graveyard HSO/Fishing MN and Lakestate are in. Its really too bad because I feel like this forum has a great community that is unmatched by any other online forum I’ve taken part in.

picklerick
    Central WI

The only issues I’ve seen were few and far between. Once in a while a post failed to load and I’ve been unable access the site altogether a few times. No problems for me today. I use a desktop pc during the day and a Chromebook after work. Chrome is my default browser.

CaptainMusky

I got the same error as Gitchi this morning. Tried again 10 minutes later and it worked. Now its been fine since. Someone worth their salt in IT and I know the guys here who run this are, should be able to determine the background jobs or whatever that is causing it. It isnt debilitating but its irritating.

Gitchi Gummi

I have the same issues on 2 different computers, one phone and one tablet… various different browsers between chrome, safari, and edge.

CaptainMusky

Whats weird is I never have issues on my phone only on my PC. Both are using Chrome.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Unfortunately if status quo is maintained, people will leave and this site will end up in the same graveyard HSO/Fishing MN and Lakestate are in. Its really too bad because I feel like this forum has a great community that is unmatched by any other online forum I’ve taken part in.

Totally agree on the part about the community. Really hard to argue that.

Ripjiggen

Whats weird is I never have issues on my phone only on my PC. Both are using Chrome.

I have issues on my IPhone from time to time. I just take it as a sign I need to put it down and walk away.

It has been slow to load this week for me as well. Although this minute it is fine.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

incase this helps any of the troubleshooting, I get this error frequently when loading a page or making a post times out

I got the same message like 3 or 4 times today, maybe it’s the rain? shock

Ripjiggen

If it’s rain related Gim would know.
    Gim thoughts on the rain as a possible issue?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I get a kick out of the whining, demanding fixes, using profanity, throwing shade at the people who run the site, playing armchair IT guy etc. This is a feee Internet forum. Enough already.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Iowaboy1 wrote:</div>
    I am NO IT GUY, but if I had to take a guess at whats wrong its this, there are too many places to put up a post, too many places to upload a video, a pretty picture of a fish and yer ugly ass self and with each and every change, each one of these changes cause changes within the site algorithm which in turn seeks out who is potential spam, virus, etc and you get booted, flagged, blocked whatever the effe the site does.

I’m no mechanic or master diagnostician but based on the above I have a sneaking suspicion I’d have a better shot at troubleshooting my carb than you would a website. This is not a complex website with too many bells and whistles. If anything it’s the opposite— it’s a bit of an old dog trying to survive on an internet that is all about new tricks. We all know what happens to old dogs, sadly.

Easy there big guy, your “dirtywater” just might turn to quick sand quicker than you can react. jmho.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Same here ! Times out almost every time . I do not have a 1/10 the issues with other sites ?

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.