Is IDO Site/Server Maintenance Happening?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m getting server time-outs constantly and it typically takes either 45+ seconds or multiple attempts to even get the site to load? Anybody else having issues?

IDO Website Team – is this normal?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Issues here as well

Coletrain27

Been happening for a long time for me. Bring up the issue and get the same response that there is nothing wrong and everything works fine when they use the site. ???

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Yes for me as well.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

doah come to think of it, didnt Iowaboy complain about this for like 2-3 years? and get blamed for some of it??

Coletrain27

Well he’s from Iowa so anything is possible whistling

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I hope they can manage to correct some of the issues. It’s been getting worse over time. Just not sure how much time and $ they want to put into correcting the issues.

Iowaboy1

GOOD FRIGGING LUCK!!
    I am a diagnostician with anything mechanical and after forty six years of problem solving I can tell you without reserve the problem is always in front of you!! no ifs, no buts, no maybes!!!!

I have reported this very problem to several here who profess to be problem solvers, and the blame is always on me and with the three servers I use from home, at work, my 5G phone, etc.

I call bullshit!! I DGAF who is running the show but you need to hire someone who can fix these issues who have pages and pages of the same reported problem and it never gets resolved!!

I am NO IT GUY, but if I had to take a guess at whats wrong its this, there are too many places to put up a post, too many places to upload a video, a pretty picture of a fish and yer ugly ass self and with each and every change, each one of these changes cause changes within the site algorithm which in turn seeks out who is potential spam, virus, etc and you get booted, flagged, blocked whatever the effe the site does.

I want to come back, but I am sick and tired of spending an average of six hours a week taking photos at work, jotting down notes, editing, proof reading, keeping it entertaining and informative first and foremost, then posting and reposting and keep getting timeouts, error messages, blah blah blah
    UNTIL THIS SITE CAN RECOGNIZE IT HAS IN FACT A PROBLEM AND WILL APOLOGIZE TO ALL OF WHO HAS BEEN BLAMED FOR THE PROBLEMS, IT CAN KISS MY ASS!!!

So, until it can be fixed, I am going to join Minnesota outdoorsman, you can find me there very soon.

Umy
    South Metro

Amen!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I could be misunderstanding things, but isn’t this site being run mainly as a free effort now with no marketing or advertising attached?

If so, I’m not sure how much maintenance this place will get. I don’t want the IDO forums to die, but without James around and the business the future sure looks dark.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I could be misunderstanding things, but isn’t this site being run mainly as a free effort now with no marketing or advertising attached?

If so, I’m not sure how much maintenance this place will get. I don’t want the IDO forums to die, but without James around and the business the future sure looks dark.

i certainly dont want to see this site die either. BUT MNO is where i go alot also, is pretty much no advertising and it works well!!!! Just saying!

Sharon
    SE Metro

As someone who works in basic IT I can tell you it’s a challenge to fix problems that can’t be easily reproduced. Some things work for some and some don’t for others and there’s so many different variables involved that it likely requires more time, effort, and costs than the powers at be are willing to put forth right now. Who knows if that will change or not.

But in the meantime, we can take simple steps to avoid information loss and the subsequent frustration. We can easily copy all of the text and paste if needed if the first attempt doesn’t work when making a post or replying. I’ve done that for years and it doesn’t take much time to do. Just like saving your work in common computer programs just in case they crash or the computer loses power. waytogo

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

We can easily copy all of the text and paste if needed if the first attempt doesn’t work when making a post or replying. I’ve done that for years and it doesn’t take much time to do. Just like saving your work in common computer programs just in case they crash or the computer loses power

I have resorted to creating my post in a word program, then copy and paste into my reply. I do this for several different web sites.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think at this point, It is what it is. As others have said, I just don’t know how much time and $ are being put into this site these days. If anyone here has the Time, Knowledge, and $ I’m sure you could set up a new site and lots of people here would be more than willing to jump to that one as well. Just let everyone here know when its setup and the name. Till then, I think everyone is stuck just living with the issues here until the site dies.

Sharon
    SE Metro

BUT MNO is where i go alot also, is pretty much no advertising and it works well!!!! Just saying!

I hadn’t heard of MNO before so I just joined to check it out! Always fun to browse different forums. mrgreen

CaptainMusky

As someone who works in basic IT I can tell you it’s a challenge to fix problems that can’t be easily reproduced. Some things work for some and some don’t for others and there’s so many different variables involved that it likely requires more time, effort, and costs than the powers at be are willing to put forth right now. Who knows if that will change or not.

RIght, and people use different browsers, types of devices like phones android or apple and pc vs mac. Its really tough.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

BUT MNO is where i go alot also,

What is MNO and How do I locate it online?

Riverrat

I would also like to know what MNO is.

CaptainMusky

I think I read above its Minnesota Outdoorsman? Never been on that site because I really like this site and all the wonderful folks here. Id hate to leave, but if the problems continue I might be forced to.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I really like this site and all the wonderful folks here. Id hate to leave, but if the problems continue I might be forced to.

Same.

Riverrat

I think you might be right Cap. I went and started clicking around and sure enough some chick named Sharon is on there posting about crocs and what-not. Looks kinda familiar.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I think I read above its Minnesota Outdoorsman? Never been on that site because I really like this site and all the wonderful folks here. Id hate to leave, but if the problems continue I might be forced to.[/quote MNO Is my home but I won’t leave here either.

Deuces

#beggarscantbechoosers

At the end of the day there’s only so much anyone is gonna drop in that cup.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.