Iowaboy takes a leap of faith

• Iowaboy1

and a giant one at that !!

since September I have been dealing on the building where I worked for four years in a small town near my home.
    the fellow who ran it decided to go to work for the county due to insurance reasons and closed up shop after ten years of being in business for himself.
    since its closing so many folks have begged me to come back and open it up that I finally started to look into what it would take to do so.
    so,,,after a lot of praying and putting it in the Almighty’s hands to see where it would go it has finally come together for Mrs Iowaboy and I.

I am currently waiting on two hoists,an air compressor,tire machine and balancer that should be here in ten days or less.
    the shop has three full bays,an office,restroom,upstairs storage and a small wash bay for cleaning tires in.
    right next door is a building that sits on raised platform that is used for storage.
    all of this sits on a large lot with plenty of parking on two sides and it sits right next to a paved road that is very busy day in and day out.
    it is shy of a mile off of highway six that runs across most of Iowa and is a mile and a half off of the interstate.
    to top that off it is six miles from an extremely popular state park called Rock Creek state park in Jasper county.

I will be working on about any make and model of vehicle,agricultural/construction equipment as well as about anything marine related,something I have done all of my life.
    the aviation side of things will continue as time allows and I have cut that work load back so that I can devote most of my time to running the new business.
    if I could build a runway next to the shop I certainly would as it would beat running all over the country to work on planes.

a few of you here have known of this venture for some time now,to each of you,and the entire community of Kellogg Iowa,thank you for all of your prayers for this to come to fruition !!
    I especially want to thank my Creator for opening so many doors for Sheryl and I to allow this to happen,without him non of this would be possible.
    without further ado,I welcome you to Sam’s !! an acronym for Sheldons auto and marine services.

once I have everything in place and up and running I will post contact info as well as the address.
    I wont be hard to find if you are near Kellogg Iowa as I will be the first business on the right after the railroad tracks and car wash if you are heading north into town.
    the next two weeks are going to be busy as I will still be working at my current job and whipping the place into shape after hours,I hope this old body holds out !!
    I plan on opening as early as the second of Dec,at the latest the ninth of Dec.
    thanks everyone!!

Jensen

Congratulations sheldon. Wish you the best. Will stop in next time I’m down that way.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Congrats Sheldon
    You have always been a wealth of knowledge for me and a lot of other people here. Good to see you are now going to get paid for it as well! I wish you the best. waytogo

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Congrats, Hope everything works out for you. I’ll try to remember to stop in if I get down that way.

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Great to hear that you are following your passion Iowaboy. I too was in your similar dilemma some years back and decided to take the leap and never regretted it. Best of luck on your future endeavors, sounds like you will prosper. Don’t forget to get some fishing worked in there somewhere. I’m happy for you!

Mike Martine
    Inactive
    la crosse wis

Congrats and good luck to you . Always read your posts and usually learn something , if I lived closer you’d get my business .

B-man

That’s great news Sheldon

I never hope to break down, but if I do……I hope it’s a mile and a half off Hwy 6 in Iowa toast

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Congrats my brother Sheldon!

Will

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Awesome news sheldon! Congratulations!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Congrats and Best of Luck!

-J.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Congratulations Sheldon.I wish you the best of luck.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Congrats Sheldon. We will be sure to send you plenty of fish pics to see what you are missing while you are working your fanny off.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Got a name?
    How about Bullhead Automotive?

Iowaboy1

thanks for all of the replies so far everyone!!
    a year or so ago I wrote James about doing a pictorial thread here about cleaning carbs and replacing water pump impellers on outboards.

if anyone is interested in me doing that I sure will as I would like for you guys and gals to see what I run into on a daily basis and I am always amazed myself how these things run even when they should not.
    thoughts on doing that??

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Congratulations. Sorry I didn’t get back to our conversation. I’m proud of you and I’m sure you’ll do very well.

Iowaboy1

Got a name?
    How about Bullhead Automotive?

you rascal EPG !! your service call just doubled in price !!

Deuces

Congrats on your hard work paying off. Super super happy for you and your family.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Well its about time. lol I’ve been waiting on this announcement for a while now Sheldon. Happy for you.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Good luck sir as I can tell from all you help on here your venture will be a huge success!! Best to you and the wife

munchy
    NULL

Good luck sir! If I’m ever in the area and need car, boat, or airplane help you’ll be the first I’ll call!

catmando
    wis

That’s a big step, Good Luck to you, save a little time for relaxation.

mrpike1973

Congratulations putting in our creators hands is the best start yay You have helped me out on here many a time and I know you have the knowledge to make this venture for you and your wife. Again Congrats applause

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Congrats IB! Best of luck on the new venture. Kellogg, Iowa is very lucky.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Congrats!!! Great to hear about another business opening in Smalltown Iowa… I truly hope you prosper!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Congrats there sir!!!????

When you gonna be posting your fishing stuff for sale devil devil whistling

404 ERROR
    MN

Congrats on the accomplishment! I’ve only been that way once in my life. If I’m ever back, I may have to let some air out of my tires to get a chance to meet the one and only bullhead slayer in the flesh. mrgreen

Your knowledge of engines and mechanics is incredible, I know you’ll be successful.

basseyes

thanks for all of the replies so far everyone!!
    a year or so ago I wrote James about doing a pictorial thread here about cleaning carbs and replacing water pump impellers on outboards.

if anyone is interested in me doing that I sure will as I would like for you guys and gals to see what I run into on a daily basis and I am always amazed myself how these things run even when they should not.
    thoughts on doing that??

First off, hope the new venture goes well.

I have been helped tremendously by stuff on YouTube and forums that detail how to fix just about anything and everything. Leeroys ramblings has been an incredibly invaluable help for a lot of people and that shared knowledge is just ridiculous to me someone takes the time to share all that information and post it.

For me personally, love to learn stuff and bet it could be a great help and service to many people.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Best wishes Sheldon. Like you said, “a leap of faith” That’s usually the last thing that stops people from pursuing a business venture. Glad to know your going to be independently wealthy like the rest of us self-employed broke idiots. toast jester jester

Deleted

Congrats & here’s wishing you great success. If I was near you, I’d sure give you my business. You’re probably lucky I’m not tho cause I’m a really bad influence. Im told it’s impossible to get anything done when I’m around.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.