Iowa

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Iowa opener this weekend. Cant wait. Roadside counts are way up from last year. Heading there the next two weekends to hopefully find lots of birds. Anyone else going?

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Wish I was going but will not make the Iowa opener. Used to go but the farmer that let us hunt passed on and we do not have access anymore. Should be a great year from what I have seen from western mn the birds are up and you should have a good shoot. Good luck, have fun and shoot straight.

brad-o
    Mankato

I am going to beat them up in the Spirit Lake area!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I am going to beat them up in the Spirit Lake area!

According to the count map there’s a **** pile of birds between you and me this weekend. Lets find em!!!

Gerty

I’ll be down this weekend. Sounds like it could be a good year. I hope the 1.5 yr old pup has it figured out!

brad-o
    Mankato

Getting excited!!! Did one last Mankato area tune up Tuesday. Lots of birds and a fun two hours!

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0093.jpg

cboutdoors
    Rochester,MN

I will be in Iowa (God’s Country) for the opener. Hunting North Central/North East Iowa.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I will be in Iowa (God’s Country) for the opener. Hunting North Central/North East Iowa.

Good luck. We may try that area on the way back Sun and subsequent trips. We go where the birds are.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I will be in a tree stand, my Citori is waiting until I get the deer tag filled. Good luck guys! Seems that I’ve been seeing a lot more birds this year then the previous 3. Post pics!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Would you guys shut up!!!
    I haven’t seen a Ringneck Pheasants here next to the roads in years!!
    Working on a site and hear him cackle is an other thing. BUT see one, no!

South Dakota has been a childhood relived for me since I have been there in June the last 4 years.

There I see Ringneck Pheasants !!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

But here in my home?

nope.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

24 hours and 20 minutes from now………

brad-o
    Mankato

toast only a half hour

Attachments:
    1. IMAG0096.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We did pretty well. Luckily we hunted mostly private spots. Didnt bring our limit home but then again we weren’t hunting South Dakota pen birds. My buddy, his young son and I brought 15 birds home after 1.5 days of hunting. A couple of friends also helped us with that number. Birds seemed a little more plentiful than last year but not unusually so. You still have to find them. More corn out than I have ever seen before on opening weekend. Hitting it again this weekend and hunting nothing but public. We’ll see how it goes.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This weekend was good too. Buddy and I limited on Fri and Sat. Only got 2 Sun morning. The birds are not thick. You have to find them. Sometimes you run into a cluster and that’s all it is, a cluster. Otherwise I think they are pretty thin but better than last year. My dog has kicked it up another notch this year. Cant wait to get back and run her some more.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

All public land birds.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.