IOWA

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I got drawn to bow hunt Iowa for the first time ever!!! yay yay yay yay

riverruns
    Inactive

Good deal applause ! Good Luck on the hunt waytogo ! I hope someday WI does the same as Iowa. Raise the hell out of the price of out of state hunters. Don’t get me wrong. You need to pay to play. Ill be elk hunting CO this fall. Expensive.

I think every state should charge the same or equivalent for a big game hunt or too draw a tag, for people out of state?
    Shawn

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I think states should charge whatever the other state charges nonresident hunters/fisherman. Example:
    So Iowa charges $400 for nonresident deer license then Wisconsin should charge $400 for an Iowa hunter that comes to Wisconsin to hunt deer. tit for tat so to speak.

Jason

Don’t worry there are plenty of Minnesota guys who think if they see a doe they need thinning. Thus there are no deer around in most places in the state. They are big wheels and will pay whatever the state charges to harvest the almighty skinhead and come up with excuses to justify it

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Good luck Steve, what part of the state?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Plenty of deer and some big ones too in northeast Iowa

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Yup that is why I picked zone nine, Allamakee County has the most Pope & Young bucks in the record books of any county in Iowa 180 last time I checked could be more now. I am really looking forward to hunting an area when the rut is going full throttle without a gun season open it will be a first for me.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I remember the article Steve that someone got a buck that weighed 440 lbs I think in the 60’s, and I think that state record weight still holds, its a very good county. Don’t be afraid to hunt the public land either and go way back in if you can. Bring your trout gear too, a lot of stocked streams in Allamakee too, springs everywhere. Good luck Steve!

craig s

We used to finish our duck season when Iowa gun season opened In Dec.we’d always eat in Lansing and watch the big bucks stacked in trucks.I used to hunt in the southern part of the state,good times.don’t get excited and shoot a mn trophy (100 incher..)

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

I grew up hunting Clayton and Allamakee countries. Lots of big deer in that area. I haven’t enjoyed deer hunting since I left Iowa.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Good luck, do your homework plus time in stand it will pay off. Such is true for any state in that fact. Look me up I will be in Lansing at my place bow hunting from October 21 to November 21.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Anytime!

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Good luck!!! Deer hunting in Iowa is a dream come true. For sure on my bucket list!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Just wanted to bring this one back to the top and let everyone know that I was successful in Iowa this year, he was not a monster but not bad for my first buck with my bow. I want to say thank you to Tony Pauly for all his help and to all the other IDO members who gave me info on Allamakee County, I had made another post about that somewhere but was not able to find it. I also did manage to take a nice doe the last day of the MN 3A shot gun season and I still have one tag in my pocket that I am saving for a buck named Bad Luck, hopefully I will met up with him during the MN muzzleloader season.

Attachments:
    1. 20161103_095945.jpg

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Wow, that’s an old buck…and a good one! Congrats!!!!

Stan Jenson
    sw wisconsin

Congratulations Steve.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

It was a 2 1/2 year old I took the pic. Very nice buck for Steve.

fishdale

Nice buck Congrats.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.