Interior LED lights

• bobslake

Recently purchased 2021 Lund Impact 1875xs now waiting on delivery. The wife and I enjoy going out at dusk for a slow scenic cruise around the lake that our cottage is on. Thought I would check and see if anyone know what the factory interior LED light illumination is like inside the boat and has anyone added any LED lighting strips under the gunnels?

Thanks

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I purchased a 2021 1675 impact as and they are holding it till April for me. I am curious to see what they look like also. They didn’t have the batteries in the boat yet for me to light em up.

Ralph Bechtold

I have a 2019 Adventure. I’ve never taken it out at night. The light strips on mine are about 12 inches long and one is up towards the bow and one at the rear, both under the gunnel.

I am sure they will be very subtle as far as brightness. Probably bright enough to illuminate the inside if you were looking for something in the boat.

I for one would never use them underway. If they were bright enough they would certainly diminish your night vision.

bobslake

Awesome enjoy your new boat!

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Thanks for the response also.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I installed rope lights under my gunnels. They are hooked up to a switch on my console.
    I installed yellow, helps with night vision and bugs.

navtiller
    chippewa falls

I have a 2019 Impact XS. The interior leds are more of a task light. There is one strip each by the drivers and passenger counsels and one in the bow area By no means will these blind you.

Red Eye

LED strip down each side. Wired on dimmer switch. Green so the light doesn’t kill your night vision. Pretty cheap on ebay. But adhesive back didn’t stick very well. Ended up using double sided Gorilla Tape. Has held very well since.

Attachments:
    1. EE114FCE-6BAA-4B81-BABD-573FC32B5484.jpeg

Umy
    South Metro

I have a 2019 impact xs
    The lites work well, kinda nice and allow you to see much better. I think they are placed strategically enough for my tastes.
    I will be adding a strip inside my rod locker as well and hooking it into the master switch on the dash. Other than that I see no reason to have one in the live well and my Engel bait cooler is placed near one of the strips so I can see into it if needed. When it’s dark, they make a difference. My Ranger owning buddy liked them when we were out at nite so that’s testimony enough for me. 😉

KPE
    River Falls, WI

2018 1775 Impact XS, the factory LED’s are a nice touch, I did my own in my last boat and I like these better. I have discovered after some trial and error with LED strips, less is more. Wish i had one in the livewell for unloading, there’s a spot where walleyes like to hide off to the side and I almost missed one before.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.