In this day and age

• castle-rock-clown

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Beast wrote:</div>
    I can’t believe that we haven’t came with a fail safe undisputable way to vote and get the results within a day

Hopefully mass mail in voting never happens again like it did this time around. It’s been disastrous for the confidence in the outcome.

I thank God for being able to mail in my vote and not have to expose myself to a potentially life threatening virus. It made my family safer, and that is number one concern for me.

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>

I can’t believe that we haven’t came with a fail safe undisputable way to vote and get the results within a day

Hopefully mass mail in voting never happens again like it did this time around. It’s been disastrous for the confidence in the outcome.

I thank God for being able to mail in my vote and not have to expose myself to a potentially life threatening virus. It made my family safer, and that is number one concern for me.

Oh man….best keep hiding under a rock the size of a castle

If you don’t, it’ll gettcha….

Heard the vaccine is right around the corner.

Beast

It only took trump 4 years for people to get sick of his lies though.
    [/quote]
    So your saying Obama was a better liar?:???:

castle-rock-clown

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>castle-rock-clown wrote:</div>

Oh man….best keep hiding under a rock the size of a castle

If you don’t, it’ll gettcha….

Heard the vaccine is right around the corner.

Vaccine right around the corner. Boy I hope so, but what good is it for the thousands that have died in just the last couple weeks? Including one of my former co-workers and retired firefighter who we buried a couple weeks ago who died from Covid-19.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

[/quote]

Get over yourself and deal with the here and now, meaning this.

Beast

[/quote]
    Get over myself? I’m talking of a better voting system than what we now are running, I’m not complaining about who won or lost. It’s those who can’t contain their hate about our current president that are cranked up.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

The reality is that due to the US Constitution each state controls their election system, as long ad conforming to federal law. It’s a stated rights issue.
    MN starts running the early and mail in ballots 1st thing election day morning. Many other states commingle their ballots like this also.
    The states that dont commingle, IE PA, GA, AZ, MI, NV, don’t. So now precincts turn in their results of ballots scanned into machines by voters and the mail ins / absentees are at the county and are entered into the system there where less people to process.
    I believe some states, obviously, were overwhelmed. There are 2 years for states to get better laws and systems in place.

New to IDO, have been a lurker for some time, though met BK at my place of employment not long ago… small world, lol. Foremost, when someone calls out someone a liar, explain yourself. Say, if I lied, I would appreciate what I am being accused of lying about. Am innocent until proven guilty, although that seems to have now changed, due process, that is. Secondly, having worked in the medical profession for the past 24 years, I have learned a few things. One is, never judge a book by its cover. Two, cherish each day, as life is short. Three, do not live your life in a state of fear, use common sense and/or logic (and, sadly, do not believe everything newspapers and mainstream media tells you). And viruses mutate, so who knows what will happen, hopefully it is not like the flu, or common cold. Lastly, there is very little truth and investigative journalism in mainstream media (newspapers and TV)… you would better serve yourself by doing your own research/ homework on line, or picking up some books. Will leave you with some quotes to ponder, God bless.

“My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” -John F. Kennedy

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction”. -Ronald Reagan

“America will fall without a shot being fired. It will fall from within.” -Nikita Khrushchev

To Faith, Family, and Freedom, God bless, Brian

brad-o
    Mankato

After reading the reply’s of this thread I feel very sad. All people see the world different and that is ok. We need to keep our hearts and minds open to how others see the world! When we don’t we loose empathy for people and that is not ok. Governments don’t live together people do.
    My polling place closed this year. I got to vote by mail for the first time. It went well. I can see many township doing this in the future. I hope everyone has a great day!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

[/quote]

“America will fall without a shot being fired. It will fall from within.” -Nikita Khrushchev

[/quote]

I always thought this was a better version myself, but both are saying the same thing which history has shown occurs to all overtime….

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within.

Paulski

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom Sawvell wrote:</div>

Get over myself? I’m talking of a better voting system than what we now are running, I’m not complaining about who won or lost. It’s those who can’t contain their hate about our current president that are cranked up.
    [/quote] So what’s the point of of saying they all lie and bring up Obama ? Please give me a break .

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Same here wife and i both at risk . I am grateful that we could vote absentee ! No reason to be exposed to covid , it’s a no brainer . Pretty sad when people disparage others for trying to be safe !

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘In this day and age’ is closed to new replies.