Spring fever

• twinrivers
    Ottawa,IL.

Illinois river is finally coming down to normal levels for this time of year. Water temperature is around 34. Small saugers, some keepers, being caught on pulling floaters upstream with minnows. Finally starting to catch some fish on ringworms, not as many as, but did get one at 19 inches. Fish tend to be holding in 19′ plus. Maybe with the warm weather this weekend, and the crowds, I’ll try casting some jigs to the shore. I notice that the Pool 4 guys catch fish shallow at low temps, granted, they have alot more sharp drop offs next to shore.

mwohead

we wish it was pool 4. I have cuaght a few eyes early and shallow, but the suags always seem to be deep..

mwohead

caught a bunch a white bass between dam and bridges at starved rock. yellow rings or minnows. No suager but it was a true bluebird sky and had to leave to early for the late bite

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

I know a big tourny is coming through, but how’s the bite been.

I don’t know a lot about the Illinois River, but am I am interested in it. I read from an above post that there isn’t a lot of steep drop offs. Don’t you guys have rip rap in that river? There should be steep banks by the rip rap.

Thanks in advance.

Keep catchin’
    Turk

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

This is one year I’m glad I’m not fishing the MWC tourney down there. Conditions sound horrible. 220 teams. Could have 200 boats zero.

-J.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.