North Point 5/21

• Addiction
    IL/WI Border

Talked to a few guys from Wakugen and found out they had a good bite in 30 – 40 fow from the stack to the nuke. So that is were we setup, with what seemed like 100 other boats also. I picked up or fish coho pretyt quick on the black/blue/purple on the center dipsy back 60….then it was slow…but we had lot of bait, and good fish marks on the graph…I just could’nt leave the fish here to find fish. So we just kept working the spots with good bait marks. As the day went on a lot of the boats moved out, and we started to see a little better action. It was hard to put together a patten since we didnt have a rod that had gone more then once yet. We did have some exciment, with a steelie jumping 3 – 4 times before the board released…The guy said to look at the fish jumping back there…Then is took a minute to figure out what rod it was on, then once we got the slack out the fight was on…a few more jumps later we had an 8# bow in the box for big fish of the day. Since the bite was slow, I put of a rattln thin fin( its like crack for coho…they just have to have it)…few minutes later the rigger goes, and the drag is buzzing…wow a coho taking drag cool…well it was the first king of the day. Then we started trolling towards the marina, and we hooked up ona rigger down 19 with a orange dodger and blue and white stinget peanut size fly. Put the rigger back down and a few minutes later it went aigan, 2 nice coho…then the center dipsy pops…seems like all the traffic had the fish in lock jaw, and now that most of the boats were heading in, the fish turned on. Not the most productive day on the lake, but it sure was a nice day to be out on the lake. we ened up 11 for 16 with 3 bows, 2 kings and the rest coho…pretty sure most of the fish we lost were bows, cuase they were jumping up to spit the flies back at us

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.