If you were considering an EV (electric vehicle) NOW is the time to buy

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

We all know you just bought a hybrid.. of course you have to defend. Just think for a minute of all the petroleum being used to produce one battery for your green car. I am talking the machinery to mine and the products to assemble. Couple this with a big chunk of hazardous waste at the end of the line… until all minerals are mined with electric vehicles, its going backwards. Your auger argument is so off and not the same. Nobody is subsidizing auger purchases, or drills or whatever.. just EVS and homes at this point.

I agree. And not once did I state that I was against or for the use of EV, or a gasoline powered auto. In fact, I clearly stated it should be up to the consumer. People have different needs based on where they live and what they need a vehicle for. I also stated they should not be mandated or subsidized.

The auger argument is spot on. Its a lithium battery that is a chunk of hazardous waste, just smaller. Same with a lithium marine battery. What is hypocritical is that the same people who have made the conversion from gas auger to battery auger think think there is a double standard when it comes to an EV. They love their Ions and Strikemasters but they hate on an EV.

The hybrid I bought is not subsidized and has no rebate available. It does not qualify because its not a plug in model. I still buy gasoline for it. Just not nearly as much.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Your whole hypocritical theory is way off. Can you imagine a landfill with what… 6% of the populations discarded auger batteries vs batteries the size of pallets ? And again, no auger is subsidized. I run an Eskimo gasser.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I run an Eskimo gasser.

I still have a Ford truck too. wave

Deuces

Toyota not long ago said hybrids are the way to go, I agree with that.

Not that EVs are a terrible idea but to change over an entire industry and the fuel, whether gas lines or power lines, requires smaller steps, and hybrids seem the right and responsible step towards what the whole EV agenda is pushing towards.

These car companies aren’t dealing with just US mandates, feel free to Google the rest of the world’s and it’ll become clear these manufacturers are trying to appease more than just tree huggers in the states.

CaptainMusky

I think hydrogen powered vehicles are the real future. The emissions is water.

Reef W

Hydrogen takes a ton of electricity to separate via electrolysis. Power production would need to increase for both widerspread EV charging and hydrogen production. We already have an electrical grid to charge EVs almost anywhere though vs zero infrastructure for hydrogen.

jwellsy

The world needs more CO2 (plant food). If China wasn’t so dedicated to making CO2, the green religion would dive the Earth toward extinction level low CO2 levels.

CaptainMusky

If China wasn’t so dedicated to making CO2, the green religion would dive the Earth toward extinction level low CO2 levels.

The air leaving the united states is cleaner than the air entering it. Wonder why that is? Thank you China.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

FYI for all the people on the anti-subsidy hill, the automobile and oil industries are some of the highest subsidized industries in the world. And other than the Gov’t bailout of the auto industry, I don’t recall hearing anyone say anything about it ever on here.

Deuces

China is roughly same size as US, w about 3x the population yet only emits half the amount per capita for c02 emissions as us. Obviously quality of life is just a tad bid different…but it’s worth mentioning. China will always have overall higher numbers than everyone else.

big_g
    Isle, MN

FYI for all the people on the anti-subsidy hill, the automobile and oil industries are some of the highest subsidized industries in the world. And other than the Gov’t bailout of the auto industry, I don’t recall hearing anyone say anything about it ever on here.

There are 2 types of subsidy and one type benefits all consumers. The subsidies paid directly to a manufacturer or the ones payable to a specific brand/model/type. I have no problem propping up a business that benefits all consumers, over one that goes directly to a consumer for buying a specific type of product, that otherwise would not have demand. If that makes sense.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Anyone else see the latest crash test with a rivian and a Tesla?? They crashed right through the barrier on almost all highways and interstates. Yes the ev vehicle itself is safe, they actually make the highway and freeway travel more dangerous for the rest of us. I don’t have the exact percentage but they the ntsb have a number that increases with the more weight of a vehicle on a highway. Pretty interesting. Interesting that this is not a bigger deal really.

riverbassman

Dont forget about agricultural subsidies! A wise/successful farmer once told me that farming is a no brainer business decision because if times get tough financially, the Government bails you out.

Riverrat

13.8 Billion paid to manufacturers for federal subsidies of electric vehicles 2022. 13 Billion paid for federal ag subsidies. 20 Billion paid out in oil subsidies. 41 Billion in Federal subsidized education grants in 2022, and people still aren’t smart enough to tell the government to stop redistributing wealth.

CaptainMusky

Yeah those SUV EVs are absolute tanks. Most cases more than a 1 ton truck. That cybertruck is an absolute POS from what I have seen. I could go through more snow with my son’s pontiac vibe than those things. They have some serious issues with their system.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.