IDO Slammin Salmon GTG:

• Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

One week till “Go Time” for the IDO Slammin Salmon GTG in Milwaukee.

If your interested in going, there’s still some open seats available for riders.
    Or bring your own boat if you like.

We have experienced Lake Michigan salmon fishermen willing to share what they know with any
    and all who show up for this event. If you’ve never done it before but are interested in
    learning how to do it from a small boat, this is an excellent opportunity for you to get
    first hand experienced from those who do it every summer. You can seriously shorten your
    learning curve and have fun doing it while also getting a chance to meet other fellow IDO’ers.

Here’s a list of experienced Salmon trollers planning on attending this event and sharing their knowledge:
    Nate Kaminski
    Joel Ballweg
    John Schultz
    Art Green
    Gary Sanders
    Ed Zyga

Randy Wieland – specializing in jigging the harbor and the gaps

Go here for more info:

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Looking forward to it.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I just got back from ICAST and working on the pairings that were sent to me. I’ll have something completed on it by Sat morning

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Good luck guys. I can’t make this one. I hope the bite has improved over a few weeks ago.

Whiskers out

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I HAVE AN UPDATED SPREAD SHEET OF ALL THE RESPONSES I HAD PLEASE GO TO THE GTG FORUM (JOEL’S LINK) AND VERIFY YOUR NAME IS ON THERE

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Randy

A couple friends and I will be coming out to fish as part of the group Friday and Saturday. Sadly I won’t be able to stick around for Sunday.

Have you or anyone else put out suggestions for a place to get together Friday night for food and drinks?

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

James, your thinking like me again. Texas road house in Brookfield is good. Few good Greek restaurants both in Brookfield and downtown milwaukee.

For fishing, looks like running out to 100 to 150fow. Few browns being caught in close, summer=chinook and deep has been best.

Has anything been set for where we are meeting/taking off from?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I believe we will be launching from the South Shore park.
    McKinley boat launch is very nice but also very, very busy. Not really the best place for several boaters & riders to gather, meet & organize.
    Both McKinley and South Shore launch feed directly into the Milwaukee Harbor so access to the gaps in the harbor wall is a moot point regardless of which launch you use.
    And according to Nate and other Milwaukee area residents that I’ve spoken with, South Shore has much better picnic type facilities and a new grinder in the fish cleaning area which was a major problem last year.
    Nate will most likely be posting directions for the South Shore park boat launch here soon.

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

As Joel stated, the plan is still to go out of South Shore. You can google “South Shore Yacht Club” to get directions. Or the address is:

2300 E Nock St, Milwaukee, WI 53207

I really think this is our best option for the event. South Shore is every bit as nice as McKinley but with half as much traffic and McKinley has absolutely nowhere for us to do the grill out.

If anybody else has any questions about directions or anything else, feel free to PM me or just post it here. I’ll try to check the site as much as possible in the next few days. Really looking forward to this weekend guys. Should be a great time!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I really think this is our best option for the event. South Shore is every bit as nice as McKinley but with half as much traffic and McKinley has absolutely nowhere for us to do the grill out.

Having launched from both, I would agree with Nate. South shore is nice, less traffic, and more room. Very easy to get to as well. Probably easier than McKinley and less chance of the roads around the marina being closed for a bike ride or run, which seems to happen most weekends at McKinley.

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Guys,

Beside dreading the fact that can’t make the gathering it just occurred to me that although I have never gased up at the marinas, is a non ethanal fuel supply an issue for anyone. Considering the amount of trolling and running that could go on I thought I would put it out there.

Wishing I could be there.

Derek

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Guys,

Beside dreading the fact that can’t make the gathering it just occurred to me that although I have never gased up at the marinas, is a non ethanal fuel supply an issue for anyone. Considering the amount of trolling and running that could go on I thought I would put it out there.

Wishing I could be there.

Derek

I have no idea what gas they serve up at the marina’s as I never buy it there. Guessing it’s going to be considerably more expensive to fill up there too.
    However, if you don’t want to put gas with ethanol in your boat, then I strongly recommend filling up before you get to Milwaukee or for that matter, anywhere along the coast of Lake Michigan as it’s very hard, (if not impossible) to find a gas station that serves up non-ethanol gasoline.
    While I don’t like traveling with a full tank of gas, these are your choices – fill up at home or half way to the lake with non-ethanol gas or fill up near the lake and except the fact that your gas is going to have ethanol in it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.