IDO Chili Cook-Off!

• Sharon
    SE Metro

Save the Date for the IDO Chili Cook-Off!

Saturday, September 25th 5pm-9pm
    Swing Bridge Park

4465 66th Street East, Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076

Join us for an IDO Chili Cook-Off! If you would like to participate you can do so by either entering your chili in the cook-off OR come with an appetite to sample the chilis and to cast your vote for the winner! First place winner will be awarded a $250 prize, courtesy of IDO! 🥇🏆

This will be a fun time for anyone who wants to meet and get to know our fellow IDOers as well, whether you’ve been a part of IDO for days or years – all are welcome!

Swing Bridge Park is located along the west side of Pool 2 of the Mississippi River and has electric for the crockpots, restrooms, parking lot, and also outdoor grills and paved trails!

*If you plan to enter your chili into the cook-off please reply to this thread so we know how approximately how much supplies to bring. If you plan to attend as a hungry taste-tester please reply with that too so we know approximately how many people to expect.

I will make cornbread to share and will plan to bring garbage bags; Steve Root and wife Mona will bring bowls and spoons; Rodwork will plan to bring power strips and electrical cords.
    Would a few people be able to bring some assorted fixings (shredded cheese, Fritos, sour cream, table onions)?

First place winner to be announced approximately 7pm-7:30pm, followed by snacking and mingling. Other contest specifics will be determined as the date approaches. If you have IDO gear, please be sure to wear it to the contest as we will be taking group photos. Don’t have any IDO gear yet? – check out the great selection in IDO’s online shop at http://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/shop and place your order!

Attachments:
    1. IDO-Chili-Cook-Off-Sept-25.jpg

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

How about name tags so we can ID people with their IDO moniker.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Sounds like a good time. I’ll hopefully be able to make it.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I plan on participating! Hopefully the weather isnt as hot as it is today but clear skys!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Name tags are a good idea. I’ll provide those.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Real name or IDO name? Because if real name I will not know anybody. LOL

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Holst wrote:</div>

Real name or IDO name? Because if real name I will not know anybody. LOL

I would think First name and User Name would work.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Taste tester here! wave

I can always bring something too. Whatever we’re short on or missing.

Thanks for taking charge of this Sharon! Above and beyond. And great job on the flyer. New career perhaps….. applause

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

How about name tags so we can ID people with their IDO moniker.

My name is Matt Moen.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Thanks, James!
    I agree that name tags will be nice to have, and we can note our username and first name (if it’s different, Matt! mrgreen )

Thanks for taking charge of this Sharon! Above and beyond. And great job on the flyer. New career perhaps…..

Thanks, POP! mrgreen

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Thank you, Sharon! I plan to attend as a taste tester.

Will bring cooler with variety of beers to share. toast

ps – we will pin this to the top of the board when we get closer to the date. waytogo

-J.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I will make some chili and attend as a sampler.
    Thank you Sharon for setting this up.

ThunderLund78

I got my schedule figured out – COUNT ME IN! both as a contestant and a taster!

Looking forward to it and thanks for organizing!

Sharon
    SE Metro

Awesome, thanks Rodwork and ThunderLund! I plan to hammer out contest details as the date approaches, but those entering a chili will also be able to taste test and vote for their favorite BUT you can’t vote for your own! wink

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i would really like to attend this, i decided it may be a longer drive to get there but hey…..i’ve done dumber things…..i would really like to meet a bunch of IDO’ers!!!! waytogo

cant really committ yet as there was tentative other plans for that weekend…..nothing for sure, so……

i would attend as a taste tester……any of our chili reciepes wouldnt hot water to most these coming.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Guess I’ll have to brush up on my Award winning Spam Chili! whistling

Sharon
    SE Metro

Spam Chili?? Sounds awesome to me! grin

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I plan to attend and bring some chili, unless “life” gets in the way!

Sharon
    SE Metro

🌶🧅🧄🍅🥫🍵

FryDog62

BYOP??

(Bring your own Prilosec ;) )

Sounds like a good time!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Anybody been practicing? Fine tuning?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I should be since I just makeup stuff as I cook. But I still have 2 gallons in the freezer from the last time. (I make it in 5 gal batches.) My peppers are not coming in very well in my garden so I might have a problem. I can wing it and still win. toast

ThunderLund78

I feel I’m pretty dialed -in. My recipe is tried and true! Really looking forward to trying everyone else’s though.

Sharon
    SE Metro

So far I’m seeing 4 participants for making chili! grin Anyone else thinking about it? 🌶🧅🧄🍅🥫🍵

Please also reply (or message/text me) if you plan on attending as a taste tester, as it will help the chili cookers plan for approximate quantity!

picklerick
    Central WI

I’m out. I wish I could make it but my nephew has that weekend off and wants to come up to bow hunt. Maybe next time. I’d be interested in an ice fishing get together and chili cook off this winter.

Iowaboy1

Sparklesonthewater and I will be there as taste testers.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

“Sparklesonthewater and I will be there as taste testers.”

Looking forward to meeting you!

SR

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea this is a complete bummer. I had full intentions of coming to this but my wife and friend planned a trip to the cabin that weekend, so I’m out bawling ???

JEREMY
    BP

This is really intriguing to me, but long drive for the amount of bushies I like to drink. Even if the old lady drove an hour with a tummy full of beer and chili is a little scary.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yea this is a complete bummer. I had full intentions of coming to this but my wife and friend planned a trip to the cabin that weekend, so I’m out bawling ???

Your wife won’t care if you are there or not. In fact it’s easier to talk about you if you aren’t there. grin

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.