IDO 2020

• Anonymous
    Inactive

With the new years resolution thread, I would like to see all of us be more civil on this site. Some of the threads get just plain rude to others, which helps no one. We can agree to disagree on anything, but you can do it in a respectful way without sounding like a jerk.

Happy New Year and feel free to comment, but don’t rip me a new one toast

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Agreed. However 99.999% of the problems and uncivil behavior come from the football threads IMO. This place is actually pretty tame compared to some others but I catch your point.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ll make it my New Years resolution to be less of a prick just for you dutchboy! toast

eyefishwalleye
    Central MN

Sorry mnice but I disagree with your premise, and your post perfectly describes the problem (and the larger problem throughout our email and social media society). “… you can do it without sounding like a jerk”. I’m sorry but these posts don’t make sounds. The reader is 100% free to attach THEIR OWN “sound”, meaning, emotions, etc., to everything they read, so if someone is rubbed the wrong way by written words, and only written words, that is on them. Control yourself, it’s much easier than trying to control everyone else.
    Happy New Year!

Brad Dimond

John Stewart said it well, “The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom.” It doesn’t cost anything to attempt to be civil.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

This place would be better off with little or no moderation. Forums that aren’t moderated are actually pretty civil. Members usually take care of the bad apples.

I would consider IDO to be very un-moderated. Very few posts are deleted.

-J.

ajw

Jeepers people need thicker skin. This forum is incredibly tame

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

Pot smokers generally are a mild group rotflol rotflol sorry I didn’t mean to offend anyone , bad joke I know

zubba
    potosi,wi

i was hoping it was about the ido gtg 2020

Anonymous
    Inactive

“ you can do it without sounding like a jerk”. I’m sorry but these posts don’t make sounds”

Point we’ll taken. Thank you, you are correct.

B-man

“ you can do it without sounding like a jerk”. I’m sorry but these posts don’t make sounds”

Point we’ll taken. Thank you, you are correct.

I’m so confused.

But gotta go, it’s time to trap the hose cat that’s eating my WF’s Green sunfish mrgreen

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

So old farts like me shouldn’t post anymore? It’s a right of passage. I’ve suffered through many decades and have become a grumpy old man, very narrow minded, and what some would call “ a jerk”.

Maybe it’s time to start another user group “ The UN-filtered old fart’s club” thin skinned, easily offended, momma boys need not apply.

In all seriousness, this has been the best site I have been associated with. Posts that cross the line are usually warranted due to topics. Really, like the refs don’t favor the Packers or the Vi-Queens are super bowl contenders.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

{Post Deleted by Jon Jordan}

)

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Feathers wrote:</div>
    This place would be better off with little or no moderation. Forums that aren’t moderated are actually pretty civil. Members usually take care of the bad apples.

I would consider IDO to be very un-moderated. Very few posts are deleted.

-J.

Agree Jon. This site does a great job of policing itself.

With biggill & Dutchboy being the glaring exceptions. jester

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I’ll deal with some un-civility for all the money it saves me when my outboard/truck craps out or I have a question.

sji

Could be worse, could be a Lorena Bobbitt site.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Could be worse, could be a Lorena Bobbitt site.

Oh, My! shock
    rotflol

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.