Idaho case

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Not trying to stir up anything controversial, but just have to say. If you saw that guy on TV you can just tell he doesn’t look right. Add the evidence they have released thus far and hope he fries.

CaptainMusky

Yeah there was a lot of frustration claiming the local PD wasnt doing their job but it appears they were just bi did ing their time and the videos of him getting pulled over on his road trip are telling. The one where he talks about a mass shooting that apparently just happened is pretty telling about his mindset.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

What case is this? I must be out of the loop.

lindyrig79

I don’t know how to post a link. Just google Moscow, Idaho. The events took place in November but is just now hitting the news again as they finally have a suspect. Hard to believe there are people this deranged in this world.

CaptainMusky

What case is this? I must be out of the loop.

It’s the quadruple murder case at an Idaho college over a month ago. The guy who was arrested is a criminal justice student lol

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Just did some reading up on this, what crazy SOB, unreal

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just watched a 48 hour program on it. They are still tight lipped on why this happened as far as a motive.
    This person was very intelligent and going for a PHD in law/crime and there’s speculation that he did this just to see if he could get away with it.

Krh129

My best guess is that the FBI’s Behavioral Sciences Unit profiled the case, and based on the limited info in the affidavit on his pre and post offense behavior, they are probably going through un-solved cases to determine any connections, ie a serial offender.

I’m 100% positive there is still lots of work going on.

isu22andy

I don’t get why none of the news outlets say anything about alcohol being a factor in the surviving victim’s decision making . There’s about a 5 percent chance a college students sober at 4 am . They criminalize her saying she didn’t call 911 the next day till noon .

Brent Siebenaler

Funny how the “Media” is such an issue for so many, they are corrupt, “fake news” etc yet so many are quick to do away with innocent until proven guilty based on nothing more than media reports, or even worse how someone looks.
    If the suspect arrested and charged for these murders is convicted in a court of law he should be punished to life in prison without possibility of parole. Until such time it’s wise to remember our Constitution provides for a presumption of innocence. Sad how being charged with a crime these days instantly turns into a person being declared guilty on social media. Especially since it often comes from the same crowd also telling everyone how corrupt and evil government is.

CaptainMusky

Funny how the “Media” is such an issue for so many, they are corrupt, “fake news” etc yet so many are quick to do away with innocent until proven guilty based on nothing more than media reports, or even worse how someone looks.
    If the suspect arrested and charged for these murders is convicted in a court of law he should be punished to life in prison without possibility of parole. Until such time it’s wise to remember our Constitution provides for a presumption of innocence. Sad how being charged with a crime these days instantly turns into a person being declared guilty on social media. Especially since it often comes from the same crowd also telling everyone how corrupt and evil government is.

Have you done ANY level of research on this case? They have a preponderance of evidence linking him to the murders and it was well laid out in the Affidavit which has been widely shared and discussed. They have been tracking him since only a few days after this happened but they were making dang sure they had everything covered before servicing a search warrant. They were tracking his whereabouts using cell towers along with a DNA match to garbage retrieved from his parents matching a “paternal” link to the DNA found on the knife sheath left at the crime scene. There is body cam footage of him getting pulled over for a moving violation (no ticket) and on the video he asks the officer if he had heard about the mass shooting. Sort of odd thing to ask when you were pulled over the tailgating. Experts are speculating that they were tracking him all across the country back to Pennsylvania and these were just mainly ways to make contact with him.

lindyrig79

Agree he should get a fair trial. I am simply telling you in his eyes you can see the evil. I am not the only person who has thought this, my wife thought the same exact thing and I’m sure others. Some people deserve to get fried and so we don’t have to use tax money on him for the rest of his life. Very sad case.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If the suspect arrested and charged for these murders is convicted in a court of law he should be punished to life in prison without possibility of parole.

If he is convicted and found guilty of these murders, He should be taken out and Hung by the neck till dead on the courthouse Lawn. If there was more of This, then there would be far less of THIS
    Why should tax payers pay a single $.01 to keep anyone locked up for a lifetime in Jail. Total waste of $ and space.

Brent Siebenaler

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brent Siebenaler wrote:</div>
    If the suspect arrested and charged for these murders is convicted in a court of law he should be punished to life in prison without possibility of parole.

If he is convicted and found guilty of these murders, He should be taken out and Hung by the neck till dead on the courthouse Lawn. If there was more of This, then there would be far less of THIS
    Why should tax payers pay a single $.01 to keep anyone locked up for a lifetime in Jail. Total waste of $ and space.

You are aware of the number of people wrongfully convicted of crimes such as this are you not? Especially crimes with immense public outcry for someone to blame.
    I will be against the death penalty until that is rectified. But that’s a different issue
    My other comments stand. I don’t see how the same people who tell everyone how corrupt government is, the FBI is, law enforcement is, the media is etc etc etc are just fine convicting someone in the court of public opinion instead of waiting and allowing justice to run its course. Just something I’m tiring of in this country. If the FBI is so corrupt it thinks it can do illegal things to try and falsely incriminate a sitting President why would the same people think they’d never do such a thing to a Joe Nobody?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You are aware of the number of people wrongfully convicted of crimes such as this are you not? Especially crimes with immense public outcry for someone to blame.
    I will be against the death penalty until that is rectified. But that’s a different issue

The # of people who are wrongfully convicted of crimes such as this is extremely rare. Does it happen, Yes !!! does it happen often – No !!! My guess is that for every 1 who is wrongly convicted of a serious crime ( Murder ) there are 100’s if not 1000’s who are guilty and get a off. I have a much bigger problem with the 1000’s than the 1.
    As far as your other comments go, I think you and I are in agreement on most of them.

CaptainMusky

Wrongfully convicted in these days is really going to become far rarer now with the DNA technology and everyone having a cell phone. Everything is videoed these days. I heard just last week they arrested a guy who murdered a woman like 30 years ago. Almost got away with it, but thankfully they had enough DNA to find a match. The reason he was caught is someone in his family submitted DNA to the Ancestry type site.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Lots of old cases being solved these days by modern DNA testing. Then again. there are some who don’t believe DNA is real.

CaptainMusky

Lots of old cases being solved these days by modern DNA testing. Then again. there are some who don’t believe DNA is real.

Im sure that guy who was just arrested is pissed that one of his relatives (probably children) submitted DNA to one of those sites.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

On the topic of “Looks” and “The Media”. If the murdered kids were black community college kids from Jackson Mississippi, no one would have heard a peep about the story.

The media loves a story like this and will keep it in front of your eyes until they stop making money on it. We all are getting played if you choose to allow it….

-J.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

are just fine convicting someone in the court of public opinion instead of waiting and allowing justice to run its course. Just something I’m tiring of in this country. If the FBI is so corrupt it thinks it can do illegal things to try and falsely incriminate a sitting President why would the same people think they’d never do such a thing to a Joe Nobody?

I agree with you, and would encourage everyone to check out the Innocence Project about wrongly accused people. Including one conviction by Kamala Harris that she actively worked against allowing DNA evidence to exonerate the convicted, and I only mention that because the falsely convicted is an issue the supercedes our bipolar political climate. As far as the Idaho case, so much has been made public the court of public opinion is of course going to weigh in, and as previously stated it’s a pretty convincing case. So it’s understandable for people to feel that way, and they are not and will not be on the jury, so it’s a moot point. Once the accused presents his defense, we will see and can make final judgements from there.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Just watched Dateline,
    Whether this guy is guilty or not of this crime he is a creep!

Jimmy Jones

I don’t care how it is cut, the media is a predatory entity in this country, and it doesn’t matter what the charge is. There is no such thing as an impartial juror anymore.

The First Amendment was written long before the media had all of what it has today to blanket us with garbage. If any amendment needs to be revamped it the first. It can’t be erased but it could be reworded so that any and all media has to abided by the truth, not supposition or wild guesses. Every aspect of this country would be far better off if these media sources had to clearly be identified and any reporting on cases such as the one discussed here had to fall on the truth or known fact and criminal charges get levied on those who preach the bullschnit.

Ripjiggen

Would be almost impossible to fact check every media outlet that is out there. Even then they will state an opinion. Then you get into censorship which is a slippery slope IMO.

I hear what your saying though.

lindyrig79

Just watched Dateline,
    Whether this guy is guilty or not of this crime he is a creep!

Agree. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this guy is defective. I stand by all comments made.

Brad Dimond

I don’t care how it is cut, the media is a predatory entity in this country…

Just like government, the American people get what they want. Whether is voting for idiots on either side of the aisle or heeding information from the broadcast/social/print media, there is no reason for politicians or “journalists” to be diligent in fact checking if the public is buying what they are selling.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.