Strikemaster Icemaster auger

• hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

I posted this yesterday in general forum and have had no reply,so I thought would post in the ice fishing forum?
    have a 1978 icemaster auger, just wondering if its worth anything and where to try to sell it at? It actually is in decent shape still but needs some work. It has been used every year until this year! The carb needs a kit and auger is starting to shows the signs of so many years use, it has a bend on one side and throws the blade after long period of use. The recoil has a broken part where the line recoils back and thats about it. I called D Rock and all they have left for parts is a carb kit? Any ideas on the sale of it or where to find parts would be great!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

First thing I would do is contact StrikeMaster to find out if the parts you’re looking for are available.

If yes, a great place to sell things on Ido is in the classifieds.

However the way it sounds you might just want to take it to a scrap yard and buy your wife a chocolate bar with the proceeds.

Sounds like it may have seen it’s better days.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

33 years!!! Wow! So its probably cost you $10/year to drill your holes.

Parts are going to be hard to come. If it were me, I’d put it on Craigslist for $40. then stick the $40 towards your new one. There are plenty of people out there that look for old augers just for the parts alone.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think the candy bar to the wife will go over better.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

candy bar to wife could be good idea, then she may not mind it so bad when I hit the ice every sat at dawn! Only bad thing is the auger starts second pull everytime! I guess time for a new one.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

You just need to prime your wife a little more, she’ll start on the second pull too.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

You just need to prime your wife a little more, she’ll start on the second pull too.

I get married this weekend

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Congrats Matt! I’ll be sending you a life time supply of starting fluid.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Congrats Matt! I’ll be sending you a life time supply of starting fluid.

THanks Brian!

Throw in some sea foam for when she sits idle in the winter.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Now that’s funny right there!

slyke

do you still have the auger? do you have a picture? my dad has a 30 year old auger and just broke the shroud. i would purchase it if it could be used for parts! please email me [email protected]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.