Chetek Chain 1/17/11

• mduffy1969

Got back on some home ice Monday for a couple hours with some special needs friends from the church. Always love fishing with them as they make it easy to keep things in perspective. Special needs not withstanding they are skilled fishers! The bite was on and we sent them home with a nice 25 fish limit in a couple short hours. We shopped our way through some small ones but by and large the quality of the gills and even alot of the crappies was really good. Jack was knocking em out with a CJS shrimpo in pink and Donna with a pink tear drop. Most of my fish came on the CJS ratso which has become my go to bait this year- glow head with pink plastic. The fish can’t lay off that tail. It was an absolutely beautiful afternoon with warm temps and light wind. Could not have imagined being anywhere but on the ice with such great fishing partners. There are anglers everywhere on North Prairie, especially up near Veteran’s Park. I stayed a little further to the south off a point that always seems to come through for me. They seem to be hoisting them through the ice everywhere though, so if you’re in the area and want to ice some nice numbers punch a few holes on The Chain. You won’t be disappointed……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.