New Jiffy Pro 4

• dustinRec26

Ok tried this 3 times i Got one thing to say. Buy the new Jiffy Pro 4, if your sick of the old auger being unreliable pick up a Jiffy Pro 4. Clean, powerfull, and reliable, if your looking for an auger thats gonna start on the first or second pull everytime this is it. Even in cold temps, i drove for an hr in -20 temps and is started right away. also great for the car or suv. Its a super clean auger, just add oil and a little green tank. I highly reccomend this auger to any fisherman. Happy Fishing

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Glad you like your auger. Sounds like you like it a little much though.

dustinRec26

If you delt with my old jiffy you would be jumping for joy to but yhea I SOUND little obessed. Its a sweet auger though. What is your current auger?

kroger3
    blaine mn

How do you like it as far as the weight does??? I keep going back and forth on getting one but seems to be a tank for an ice troller….

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Great for a guy who just pulls up to a permanent with slippers on

I’m surprised you were allowed speak of liking your Jiffy on this strike master laden forum. I got blasted for even saying I had one, let alone I loved it. Oh well if they don’t like my Jiffy…

Chad Luebker
    Annandale, MN

Jiffy makes a good auger no doubt about that. To me it’s just a Chevy vs. Ford debate. It’s all what the buyer is looking for. Congrats on your purchase. It will be interesting what will be available 5 years from now. Probably won’t even be able to buy a 2 stroke auger who knows?!!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I would agree that it is a great auger. Used my son’s while in WI. It will definately be my next, but I guess my old Jiffy will probably never wear out, so will have to sell and upgrade.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

“I’m surprised you were allowed speak of liking your Jiffy on this strike master laden forum. I got blasted for even saying I had one, let alone I loved it.”

Russ – this type of statement speaks to a bigger problem I’m seeing in society. Seems more and more people can no longer see the value in keeping the sport ahead of personal preference/ego. If you aren’t running/supporting some particular brand boat, auger, NFL team you are cast out like a leper… Sad as I feel sports enthusiasts whether anglers, hunters, football fans, etc, etc should support the fact that we all have the same passion and leave the sport in better condition for the next generation. I dunno, maybe I’m reading this wrong but it’s certainly not unique to IDO as you read it all over the world wide web. IDO is mild compared to some sites…. Let’s just all get along whether you bore holes with a SM, Jiffy, Nils, Mako, etc, etc.

I hope your Jiffy serves you well and provides many hours of angling pleasure in the great outdoors!

(off the soapbox…)

gary_wellman
    South Metro

A guy just can’t knock a Jiffy. They are bullet proof, as with most 2 strokes. Their clutch system is rock solid too. When they last 30 years, not much mpre to say. Just like an old snapper lawn mower. Strikemaster will come around, they just need some mileage in the industry to prove their product line. Give them another 25 years, and people will rave about Strikemaster.
    I do wish my Jiffy 30 was 25lbs instead of 40lbs, but for the reliability, I’ll hump that baby anywhere!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

If you delt with my old jiffy you would be jumping for joy to but yhea I SOUND little obessed. Its a sweet auger though. What is your current auger?

I run an Eskimo Stingray and love it! Not as much as you love yours though.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Your right i guess my 4 year old jiffy is crap also but it works for me

tjgeerdes
    Rice Lake, WI

I purchased one this fall and love it…it may be a little heavy, but can’t we all use a workout??? Plus I’d rather have a heavier auger built to last than a lighter one with lots of plastic parts to break and release. My dad always had jiffy’s growing up and they have lasted as long as we have been ice fishing.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

Plus I’d rather have a heavier auger built to last than a lighter one with lots of plastic parts to break and release.

Sure, but I’m still not going fish with an Uglystick just because I can run it through a trash compactor.

What we once new as “Plastic” certainly doesn’t have the same properties as it did 10 years ago. Some composites today outperfom ferrous metals and aluminums n specific applications.

Take a Strikemaster handle for instance crafted from Dupont’s Zytel. Zytel PPA exhibits a Tensile strength of 32,000 psi. Compare that to 1018 steel tubing around 36,000 psi. The tradeoff in this case is ductitlity and eleastic modulus. Carbon steel comes in at 30 Mpsi and Zytel at 16.5 Mpsi. This means that the Zytel composite is nearly half as ductile. So under load, the steel will deform and the Zytel will just snap. The Zytel shines in its strength pound-for-pound.

Think if this way, just because the telegraph worked doesn’t mean I’m going throw my cell phone away. If that was our species mentality, we’d still be riding horses to the bank.

Call Dupont once and ask if they have any plastic

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I would like to give this unit a test drive some day, I think they are headed the right direction, and I will never buy a first edition till the kinks are worked out. Matt, glad your education is paying off cause you lost me at tensile, I thought that is what goes on the Christmas tree!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.