Auger gas can

• trumar
    Rochester, Mn

What style gas container do you use for your auger?

I am looking for a new one ,it only needs to hold 2 gallons.

The one I like I cant seem to find anymore ,it has a retractable flexible spout, you twist off the cap and pull the spout out and push back in when done and has a vent on top opposite end of the spout.Made by Blitz

Any suggestions?

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

What style gas container do you use for your auger?

I am looking for a new one ,it only needs to hold 2 gallons.

The one I like I cant seem to find anymore ,it has a retractable flexible spout, you twist off the cap and pull the spout out and push back in when done and has a vent on top opposite end of the spout.Made by Blitz

Any suggestions?

good luck! if you find one, please let me know, cause those “enviro-flo” gas cans suck!! and that is all i can find anywhere…

big_g
    Isle, MN

I have one of the little 1 gallon red plastic, that you see at the gas stations for those who run out on the freeway. I mix my chainsaw/weed trimmer gas in the summer/fall and switch it to the auger for the winter

big G

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I have one of the little 1 gallon red plastic, that you see at the gas stations for those who run out on the freeway

X2 and I only have to fill it once or twice a winter

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

Quote:

I have one of the little 1 gallon red plastic, that you see at the gas stations for those who run out on the freeway

X3 here once a year is all I need.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

X3 here once a year is all I need.

ok so you all have one from a gas station ….do you have a pic or name brand ?

mnbassin
    Mpls, MN

Please do not purchase anything but a no-spill gas can. Since the gov. makes all gas cans auto venting, most are way below grade. I sell gas cans all day including BLITZ cans and all I hear is compliants. Do yourself a favor and purchase a no-spill. I’ve Been running them for 2 years and there the cats-meow. Let me know if you need one, I will give deals for fellow IDO’s.

johnie1610
    Eau Claire, WI

Good luck finding one the only thing i can find is the new no spill ones that suck ! Maybe try Ebay or craigslist

mrwalleye
    MN

the best can I have found is a Seafoam can to take with on the ice, it’s just the rite amount to fill the auger tank, I just write what mix is in it with a black sharpie marker and toss 2 in the bottom of the sled or bucket. I have never had one leak in the 10 years I have been doing that. unlike the plastic 1 gallon can that split and filled my house with gas the seafoam can is tough as nails even when crushed it never leaked..

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

the best can I have found is a Seafoam can to take with on the ice, it’s just the rite amount to fill the auger tank, I just write what mix is in it with a black sharpie marker and toss 2 in the bottom of the sled or bucket. I have never had one leak in the 10 years I have been doing that. unlike the plastic 1 gallon can that split and filled my house with gas the seafoam can is tough as nails even when crushed it never leaked..

THAT is a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I use a one liter spun aluminum fuel bottle from my back packing days. Looks like the water bottles all over the place now days. Between the fuel in the auger and that bottle you can drill a bunch of holes.

mrwalleye
    MN

I tried one of them last year and the gas ate the ABS plastic that the top was made from

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.