Clam Ice shack question

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I’m possibly looking at purchasing a clam 2 person portable shack. I like most features that the shacks offer except for one thing. I noticed that the windows on the certain models were sewed in and not velcroed in. I had a older portable ice shack that had sewed in clear windows and they got moisture on them while running my buddy heater. They cracked in the cold when packed away when done fishing for the day.

I would like to hear from other clam shack owners and their experiences with any window cracking issues. I want to know if its an issue I need to be concerned with or not? Also, how happy are you with owning your clam shack? Thanks in advance.

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

I have owned Clams for many years and they have all had those types of windows and I have never had any issues with cracking. I have had them fog up, but just a wipe of the hand and can see out again. I have owned various styles houses (5X8’s and 3 man) from different companies and have always liked the flip style houses from Clam. Since the kids have grown up and moved, my wife and I are down to one fish house, Clam (Voyager). I have never owned an Eskimo or Otter.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

This will be the 6th year for my Yukon and have never had any window issues. I too have only had Clams for my main shacks so cant really compare to any others.

stevenoak

I have a ”Guide” two man.Windows don’t open but it has vent flaps with mesh{to keep the bugs out I guess}No problem with windows.Mine is a few years old.Check the model your looking at.See if it has them.Good luck

Mocha
    Park Rapids

I had an Otter and now I just picked up the Clam Voyager with the thermal top. Have not had it out yet but over the holidays for sure. I think this will be a great house and have never heard of anyone with cracking windows on a Clam or Otter. One thing that came up with my new Clam is I ended up replacing all the bolts with better quality bolts. When I was putting it together quit a few bolts would snap off. I contacted Clam and they said they know about the problem. I had to run into town (about 10 miles each way) twice and get new bolts & nuts. So enjoy your new Clam but get new bolts & nuts before you start your set up, it will save you some frustration!

HARLEYRDKING01

i have the clam yukon tc i dont think it gets any better well worth the $500. clams i put out

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

This is the second season for my Yukon. Neither of my windows of cracked. I rarely use the rear window but use the front a lot of the time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.