Wouldn’t Ya Know

• iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Ok – had my plans all made. Deer hunted last weekend and got my ice gear all ready to go for tomorrow. Took care of honey do list early so the day was clear. NOW, here in No Ia they are saying blizzard conditions with 50 mph winds. I don’t mind going out in the weather, but those kind of winds make it really hard to set up, move etc. Also bait store is out of bait – what gives????

herb
    6ft under

Sunny, almost 50 degrees, and calm here in S.E.Ia.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

Also bait store is out of bait – what gives????

You know the old saying,”Ya shoulda been here yesterday”!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It would have been a perfect day to be out fishing.

50!? Someone send some more water down to Herb!

walleyejgr

52 deg here in knoxville,ia. head-in down to the tail water to try for some walleye.gonna throw em drag queen’s, moxi’s and some trigger x see if we got any takers!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Ok – had my plans all made. Deer hunted last weekend and got my ice gear all ready to go for tomorrow. Took care of honey do list early so the day was clear. NOW, here in No Ia they are saying blizzard conditions with 50 mph winds. I don’t mind going out in the weather, but those kind of winds make it really hard to set up, move etc. Also bait store is out of bait – what gives????

See I take that as a sign from an “Higher up” that I’m not suppose to fish or hunt that day, never know the reason, I just trust that the way it is, and take care of something else that day.

Sure in the past I’ve pushed through and made it happen, it never turned out to be a good bad.

In all seriousness.

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I should have listened to you nick. I just “had to” get out and try it. It was raining all morning until about 11 when it started with those big ol flakes. I loaded everything up and headed out. Lake had huge puddles on it so it was wet. By the time I pulled out to my spot the Otter was full of snow, so now the inside was going to be wet too. The good part was it did not take me long to drill the holes. Fished for 2 hours without one fish on flasher. Since now everything was soaked, I headed home. Tried to clean stuff up as much as possible, and then of course it got cold and NOW stuff is frozen. DRAT

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

Quote:

I just “had to” get out and try it. It was raining all morning until about 11 when it started with those big ol flakes. I loaded everything up and headed out. Lake had huge puddles on it so it was wet. By the time I pulled out to my spot the Otter was full of snow, so now the inside was going to be wet too. The good part was it did not take me long to drill the holes. Fished for 2 hours without one fish on flasher. Since now everything was soaked, I headed home. Tried to clean stuff up as much as possible, and then of course it got cold and NOW stuff is frozen. DRAT

sounds like I’ve found a kindred spirit! I’m famous for getting stubborn about it(what my wife calls it when she’s in a generous mood) and, well, ending up later frozen and wet, usually with some piece of equipment broken or lost wondering “what the hell was I thinking?” Mostly I was thinking “I just GOTTA catcha fish!”
    You’re not the only one, but I don’t know what kind of company that puts us in!

-Rev

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

When ya gotta go – ya gotta go – good to know I am not the ONLY fool out there.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.