Airport beach

• codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Anyone on this site been out at airport beach yet? Saw a couple trucks there all week. Just curious as to what the ice conditions are because early ice there can be iffy. Thanks a lot!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You’re talking about the spot on the Black River correct? If so, I’ve yet to see anyone there on my way home from work.

Thought for sure they’d out on that spot by now….

codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Yes, there were a few guys on buckets out there on monday. The ice only got thicker since. I may try it out this weekend. Anyone heAr about the storm system come Saturday? 6-10in?!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I used to fish that spot when I lived in Onalaska. The internet ruined it though

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I used to fish that spot when I lived in Onalaska. The internet ruined it though

I used to fish that spot before the internet ruined too. I blame Al Gore……if he hadn’t invented the internet, that would still be a mediocre spot.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Thanks Al Gore, ya big jerk.

codycroteau1
    La Crosse Wisconsin

Haha no spot is 100% secret anymore

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

Damn Man Bear Pig!!!!!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Once again here is the guy that ruined airport beach

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

It used to be a great spot , have not been there for a few years. We used to get some nice crappies and some big northerns years ago. We have about 12 guys from Rio 20 years ago and we would cook out a venison hind qauters on a home made grill made out of a 50 gallon drum. Great time with the group we had .

How things have changed through the uears !

From Jeff

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The area still holds big crappies and pike

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

And sumo perch

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

2 guys out there today. Ice looked “iffy” at best as they were pretty close to shore

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

2 guys out there today. Ice looked “iffy” at best as they were pretty close to shore

No surprise there…Too much current until later Jan. for me

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

I agree. They weren’t out where the grouping normally is by a long shot!! Looked sketchy to say the least!!!

erod61

A couple of years ago, late in the season when the spot was supposedly “used up” cameras revealed large numbers of fish that were just un willing to bite.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.