Marcum LX2

• Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Anyone have any experience with this flasher? One for sale locally for 200.00. I see a few years back when cabelas had them on sale they were 230.00 until they sold out. Are they much different than the LX3. Better than the FL8 I now have?Appreciate any feedback. Thanks

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Could you be talking about the VX-1P?

The MarCum VX-1P offers 1000Wats of power compared to the 400wats with the FL-8
    The VX-1P also offers the bottom lock zoom. There is no zoom with the FL-8.

The LX-3 offers 2000wats of power and has an adjustable zoom. The LX-3 also offers 12 levels of IR Settings.

The LX-1P and LX-3 are very solid units. It is all in what fits into a persons budget.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m going from memory here, but the Lx-2 has 1000 watts of power compared to the FL-8’s 400. I know this power gives at least .5 inch of separation along with less interference Than the 8.

I’m guessing your looking at a used unit? I would be surprised if you could find one new in the box anymore.

At least part of your decision should be based on how much you plan on fishing. If it’s just a few times a winter a Lx-2 for that price will do you well. If your hard core, all the guys I know go to the LX-5 for it’s extra features and power.

My old FL-8 did me well, but I really appreciated the less noise of the LX-3 when I upgraded to a Marcum.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

After looking around the Internet for awhile I found the LX-2. I believe this is a discontinued model. Someone correct me if I wrong please!!!

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

After looking around the Internet for awhile I found the LX-2. I believe this is a discontinued model. Someone correct me if I wrong please!!!

Clark…you are wrong! Probably not, but I just wanted to correct you!
    Temp is dropping and I swear I saw some flakes. C’mon hard water!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Temp is dropping and I swear I saw some flakes.

Must have been in Sparta again???

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Since it’s not on the Marcum site I will have to agree with you Bret.

At 200. bucks you could get a new Troller…See Ido Video…in next post.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I ordered mine and can’t wait for it to show up at the door. I did get the performance pack with it so it can be used as a second unit. Not that I would give up my LX-5 but, this is a unit at a great price and very portable!

bigpike

Quote:

Quote:

Clark…you are wrong! Probably not, but I just wanted to correct you!
    Temp is dropping and I swear I saw some flakes. C’mon hard water!

I did see flakes today, yesterday I was hammering gils in the weedy flats in a backwater area of the Chip, no ice on this spot and it is the first spot I know to freeze over. As far as the LX2 goes I have no new info to add other than you will not be dissapointed with the brand

re-tired
    wi

I have an lx2 that a friend uses. Mine is in a gander bag. Works well but noisier than the lx3 or 5. bought it several years ago and kept upgrading.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I did a quick search on the net and found this on Matt Johnsons’ web site.

Quote:

MarCum LX-2

1,000 Watts of Peak-to-Peak Power
    3 color display
    20° Self-aligning Transducer
    Adjustable Multi-level Interference Rejection

“Auto Zoom” mode which automatically sets the zoom window to the bottom 5 or 10 feet, your choice 600 denier PVC backed embroidered soft pack carrying case Electronics shuttle with adjustable transducer arm. A basic overview of the LX-2… This sonar unit offers superior features at an affordable price. Featuring the new “Auto Zoom” mode which
    automatically sets the zoom window to the bottom 5 or 10 feet, your choice. The LX-2 has 1,000 watts of output power and offers a patented “Interference Rejection” system that knocks out interference from other nearby sonar.

At the time he wrote the article the VX1 was a 600 watt unit, it was increased to 1000 watts and then the VX1P was introduced last year running 1500 watts.

Here is the LINK to the article.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

Thanks for the replys. It is a used flasher. They were discontinued in late 07 probably replaced by the LX3. It sounds like a good unit but I think I’ll wait for a deal on a used LX3 or LX5 instead.

Mr. Pike 81
    NW Iowa

On second thought, Brian after watching the video of the Troller, I think I’m hooked. Pun intended. Thanks

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

Thanks for the replys. It is a used flasher. They were discontinued in late 07 probably replaced by the LX3. It sounds like a good unit but I think I’ll wait for a deal on a used LX3 or LX5 instead.

If I were you, I’d wait for at least the LX3. I purchased a used one last year for $175. It needed a new ducer, so I’m in it for $230 something. I love it…it is quiet and helps me catch fish, no doubt!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.