Marcum service and repair center

• trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Hi all
    Any one know what is going on with this place? In the last two weeks I have sent 2 emails,both unanswered,and left 2 messages(never get a real person) calls are never returned!
    I need a 500 camera repaired, but can not get in touch with them!
    TIA

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Do you have information to share on them? I actually sent them an email about my LX-3 two days ago and haven’t heard back either.

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I sent an email last Sat. and had a response on Mon morning.

Ed

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What contact info are you guys using? Typically I hear back within 24 hours on any email sent.

From their customer service contact info >>> 888-778-1208 or send an e-mail to us at [email protected]

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I was just off the phone with Marcum’s Customer Service.

They were saying many people are calling the Nature Vision number that still takes messages. In fact when I did a google search I came up with the old NV number. They are out of business.

If Marcum doesn’t contact you within 24 hours, they didn’t get your email or voice mail.

Here’s there contact info.

888-778-1208

[email protected] Make sure the E is in there!

…and don’t tell them BK sent you if you want your questions answer without hysterical laughter.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry for the double post…twas on the phone.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

I called the number that you guys listed first and got the machine saying they were all busy, so then I sent an email and I just double checked and it was the correct email address. Maybe they are just really backed up.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

I called the number that you guys listed first and got the machine saying they were all busy, so then I sent an email and I just double checked and it was the correct email address. Maybe they are just really backed up.

WILD fans are priority #1………………

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

That is the place I emailed and the number I have called and left 2 messages on. The automated message says they will return calls in 48 hours.Been over a week since the first call! 3 days since the 2nd!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I think they are overwhelmed at the moment, I sent an email it took a week to get a reply, I also called it took 2 days to get a call back, meanwhile I got it took care of over email, sent my lx3 in a week or so ago, still waiting on a response… They sounded really busy. Luckily I’ve waited a couple years to get it fixed, and my other LX3 is working perfect, so I’m not really without right now anyways.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I ordered a new transducer for my lx-5 jan 12. Still haven’t recieved it. Got an email confirmation of my order Jan 12 and the email to contact to check on my order. Same one Brian and James posted. I emailed Mon and have heard nothing yet today. I’m hopeing to at least here from them this weak.

nater3
    Webster City, IA

Quote:

Quote:

That would suck and show really poor taste on their part, but at least I would know why I am being ignored!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would suck and show really poor taste on their part, but at least I would know why I am being ignored!

I was just trying to get you riled up about tonight’s matchup.

Hopefully everyone will have their calls and e-mails responded to shortly.

snoozebutton

Same thing here, I emailed them Friday (1/22) and called and left a message Monday. Haven’t heard a thing.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I don’t want to stir the crap here.
    If Marcum units are so good why are so many people needing to talk to the service dept. I have had two Vexilars for for over 5 years with no problems. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m hard on stuff. If a product won’t take my use or abuse, I’ll find one that will.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

If Marcum units are so good why are so many people needing to talk to the service dept. I have had two Vexilars for for over 5 years with no problems. Anyone that knows me, knows I’m hard on stuff. If a product won’t take my use or abuse, I’ll find one that will.

Steve

I didn’t count… what’s there three or four guys on this thread that contacted Marcum CS? Web stats show a 6-figure count on the number of unique visitors to the site this month. See what I’m getting at?

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/vexilar.com

Second search term delivering traffic to the Vex website…drumroll please… “transducer.” You don’t think that people were searching on that term because their ‘ducer was performing flawlessly do you? And I’m not meaning to poke at Vex with this. They make a reliable unit. Heck, all flashers made today are incredibly reliable. To sum up a company’s quality by judging the contents of a single thread is pretty short-sighted.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I knew I could stir you up. Nothing is ever perfect, no mater who makes it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I knew I could stir you up. Nothing is ever perfect, no mater who makes it.

Yup, you sure got me.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Should have left your last post the way it was before editing. Your have the right to call me stupid if you want.

herb
    6ft under

BIG FISH DUDE

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Herb, You should be fishin’ today. Then guide me on Sun.

snoozebutton

Quote:

My wife backed over mine with her car. Still works but I need a new base for it.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I own both a marcum and a vex I just prefer to use my marcum thats the only reason I posted on this thread is because I wanted to know if I needed to do something else to make sure I get my transducer soon. I also Don’t understand what thread has to do with how durable 1 flasher brand is compared to the next.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mike, Steve is from Dysart, that should explain a lot.

Big Fish Dude? Do I owe you a beer or do you owe me one now? I’ve lost track.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Mike, I was just having a little fun. That is why I put the little guy whistling after the stir the crap. I was tired of the Vikes , non Vikes stuff. There has always been good discussions about Vex vs Marcum. We all know they are both fine units. The last thing I thought I would hear was that I was short sighted or stupid. I won’t bother anyone anymore. Sorry

herb
    6ft under

Nothing wrong with those guys from Dysart.
    Shoot, Dr. Max had them on his show all time back in the day. That’s special!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

That is correct Herb. Neat stuff always happens here. If you remember, back in the day, Marshall Jay shot himself in the foot while doing gun tricks. Also, had a guy called The Human Fly who was going to scale the outside of the bank building. He fell off and broke his leg. More recently (1976), we made the Paul Harvey news for having a riot at a Labor Day dance. Vice President Al Gore even came to visit once. Nothing but excitement and fun here in Dysart!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Steve, I think you need to give Tracey a full report of Brian and your adventures up to Everts. Sounds like things have been pretty quiet since Al invented the internets there.

[email protected]

Quote:

Hi again! Sorry I am not good at blogging but…what to write? The weather, my day, or something I seen while I was walking down the street? I don’t know either! I just got done putting the paper together for another week. Always fun but not always much news for everyone to read. Got news? Email me! Well until next time, take care and stay safe.

I ‘spose I could send her a story or two.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.