Marcum service and repair center

• get_hooked
    Dundee, Wi

I’m just happy my Marcum is taking my abuse with me always banging it around while pulling it in my shack/sled with the snowmobile. No problems at all. But this thread makes me almost want to slow it down a bit….or not. This is only my second year with the marcum, I love it. My buddies have there vex’s, and they also do the job. I just like how much more clear mine is versus their vex’s.. They dont have problems with theres, and I dont have problems with mine….We are all real happy out there on the ice. So happy, that we got over the whole ” vex vs. marcum ” thing, and use each others quite often when hole hopping. Heck, we’re just happy to have flashers at all. I hope if mine ever does have a problem, that it happens very late in the season…..cuz I dont wanna be that guy out there without one., and I also hope the customer service is as good as i hear. I did have a run in with them when I first bought it…..battery issues, I e-mailed them, they CALLED the next monday, I sent e-mail saturday. Explained my problem, they sent me free of charge a new battery and a new charger. Just for me to figure out couple weeks later that I was an idiot, and it was all my mistake. I felt bad, but yet I still have an extra battery and charger.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

You could send her true stories. Most of the stuff Bri and I have done, nobody would believe.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Little weirdness, I emailed Marcum/Versa today, to inquire about my LX3 got a email back darn near instantly, with tracking info, sure enough UPS had already delivered it before I got home, funny thing is they never contacted me at any point to discuss what it will cost me to fix it, I assume they fixed it free of charge and sent it back, Not 100% sure, but it appears to be the same unit, with a new serial number sticker on the back, I’ll have to wait til later to hit the ice and try it out to know if it’s all better for sure, I highly suspect I’ll be one happy Marcum customer, not to say I was ever an unhappy one

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

About the same to report here too. Mine had a light issue and came back with all working plus a new transducer. I didn’t ask for the transducer. Not complaining a bit.

Troll4it2
    Minnesota, Washington, St. Paul

I have sent two emails and left one voicemail at this point reguading the Marcum VS380 I purchased. I used it three times. The CRT monitor screen has a black border and image is off center. Camera inside of Manta rattles. Hours are apparently 8am – 4pm M-F. No one answers as I have called randomly during that time frame. The website states a 48 hour contact period.

Troll4it2
    Minnesota, Washington, St. Paul

The numbers are not wrong on the site….

Please take a moment to browse through the information available. If at any time you cannot find what you need please send e-mail to [email protected] or call us at 888-778-1208. Our customer service agents will help you get what you need in a timely manner. All e-mail correspondence will be answered within 48 hours Monday-Friday.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Many here have said they are very busy. But in my mind you still need to answer emails and return calls.I have been waiting over 2 weeks for one or the other.And yes I have the correct contact info!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Well I finally got out and tried both my LX3’s out right next to each other, the one I sent back? PERFECT!

Awesome, they fixed it and shipped it back to me no charge, I suspect it was a really minor in that case ( like CT said) , But I couldn’t be more happy two solid thumbs up!

Sure they weren’t blazing fast ( I suspect that will change in time), but I take quality work any day over speed.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

To be fair, service has to be measured not only by how fast they get the job done, but also by how the address the unit’s whole visit to the shop. I wasn’t asking for transducer replacement, as I mentioned in a previous thread, but got a new one sent back with the unit. There are lots of places that will read your letter describing the problem and deal only, and very specifically, with that.

I’ve had my unit in for service twice and one of those times was an up-grade to TC. Both occasions have seen the unit back in a timely fashion and with the work requested done professionally. Marcum units are still getting the “cadillac” treatment in my opinion.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I guess I now get to see first hand how Marcum’s service is. I picked up a new LX-5 last Friday. Used it Saturday in 30 FOW and all was well. Really liked the zoom. Hit a different lake this morning, and found out the hard way when setting up in 50 FOW that when turning on the zoom on the 80 or 160 setting, the unit did not work at all. Some fixed lines would show up halfway down the full water column side, and if you tried to move the zoom down to the bottom, it would only go about 3/4 of the way down. Didn’t matter as it wasn’t picking up any sonar returns anyway. You could drop a bowling ball down the hole and it wouldn’t have picked it up. Worked fine if you took it out of zoom.

Hopefully they will be quick with taking care of the problem. I won’t be happy if I have to wait weeks to get a 2 day old unit fixed.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.