IDO fishing videos?

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I’m sure posting this on here it will get answered pretty fast.

I clicked on the tab above named TV Times and it says

“In-Depth Outdoor’s fourth season of broadcast will begin on October 4, 2009 with 13 consecutive weeks of exciting ice fishing action.”

When I clicked on the Video tab and counted the ice fishing videos from season 4, I only count 6 episodes.

Where are the other 7 episodes?

I really enjoy these videos, and I don’t get Fox sports north channel to watch them on TV.

Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

In a 26 week broadcast season each episode runs twice. So there’s 13 original episodes. Approximately half are ice episodes (that air before the first of the year) and the other half are open water episodes. We’re currently in our open water portion of our broadcast season. This weeks episode was episode #8 that was embedded above.

Thanks for the question… and your interest in our videos!

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Thanks James,

I was hoping that there was 7 more ice fishing episodes hidden somewhere.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks James,

I was hoping that there was 7 more ice fishing episodes hidden somewhere.

Hopefully some day we’ll have the budget to pull off 26 episodes.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Hey James I’m curious if it happens very often that you go to film and the fish don’t cooperate. I know that it’s gotta happen some; but do you stick a tough bite out or regroup for another time? Thanks! Love the show!

dd

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Hey James I’m curious if it happens very often that you go to film and the fish don’t cooperate. I know that it’s gotta happen some; but do you stick a tough bite out or regroup for another time? Thanks! Love the show!

dd

Very rare that we don’t get a show. When it happens it is usually due to weather that makes it impossible to film. We had two days of 5 – 9 foot waves out on Lake Michigan this fall that made it impossible to safely film a smallie show we wanted and rain with any amount of wind is a no-go as high end film equipment + moisture = repair bills. But more often than not we get enough for a show. Thankfully. 2 days with film crew and travel costs run about $1500 – $2000 at a minimum…. so walking away empty handed just can’t happen all that often.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I thought that on the last show it was cool when it looked like you were gonna be showing big walleyes trolling you ended the show catching big pike instead. That I would guess was an example of going with what was working? Did you go for Lakers on that trip?

dd

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I thought that on the last show it was cool when it looked like you were gonna be showing big walleyes trolling you ended the show catching big pike instead. That I would guess was an example of going with what was working? Did you go for Lakers on that trip?

dd

Yup, we trolled our hinders off. Never had a hit. That’s one of the great things about that area… lots of opportunities.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

James,

How many days did you spend fishing/filming in Canada?

FDR

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.