Iowa info???

• Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Weather looks good for this weekend. Would like to get the kids out. Can anyone help me with some local info. Lake Iowa, Hawthorne,Union Grove, Otter Creek, Somthing better. Any info would be appreciated.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I need to spend Saturday cutting two bonus season does that are frozen solid as a rock in a buddy’s garage right now, but another guy and I are planning on fishing from about 5-8 on Saturday morning.

I haven’t heard squat as far as the bite around here goes, so we’re looking for ideas also. It’s possible we might try at Ellis marina or someplace around town here.

graybeard
    Iowa

I haven’t heard anything exciting around here, but think I may try either Pine Lake or Diamond/Hawthorne this weekend. Heard they were catching a few at Pine awhile back. I went to Diamond a couple weeks ago, no luck there, then on to Hawthorne. Only had about 3″ of iffy ice, too little for my fat a$$ to be running around on.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The DNR report didn’t look very interesting. Wife put the kabosh on Saturday morning, but maybe I’ll get out on Sunday afternoon sometime.

lundeyes
    Ia usa

The fishing is very good at Pleasant Creek, 9″ perch and some good eyes in the early morning. Bass bitting but all sublegals. Best depth is 28′

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

I fished McBride from 3:30 to 6:00 last evening. For the most part I caught blue gills pretty regularly, sorting & ending up with 15 gills and 9 keeper Crappies in the wood. Quite a bit of open water though so be care full.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Wonder how there can be open water with the cold we’ve had!?

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Thanks guys!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.