Crappie Report on West Rush Lake

• molitor

Yesterday morning me and a buddy decided to hit up West Rush in the early morning on our college break, it was a cold walk on the ice and there’s still alot of slush underneath the snow but other than that it was great fishing. We were fishing in 20 FOW and soon spotted the crappies basically packed near the bottom. The crappies where a little fidgety at first but it really just came to using smaller jigs. I heard of the diamond jig from custom jigs and spoons on IDO and picked a couple up before the trip and all I gotta say is they worked like magic. Also the gill pill worked quite well. We really didnt move to much seeing how the crappies were still in our FL-8’s sonar. We could’ve limited out by 10 am but we decided to let go most of the 8’s and 9’s due to catching a few 10’s here and there. Also the gills were biting well. We caught a few but we decided to throw em back in the hole seeing how we mainly just wanted crappies. The biggest crappie we caught was around 10.75″ and the biggest gill was around 8″.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sa’weet report! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Nice job, fried crappies, don’t get no better

schlankki
    otsego, mn

Awesome report the diamond jig is always the first jig i throw at crappies and gills.

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Nuttin better than gettin the younger dudes out and gettin-R-done. Nice job fellas.

ErikOsberg
    Wadena, MN

Atta Boy! Thanks for the update.

Erik Osberg
    218-251-8306

molitor

thanks for all the compliments

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Nice bunch of fish! Those are the best eating size too.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Thanks for the update. It good to hear reports from the area. I may have to give Rush a try this winter.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Darned nice job there!! That lake can be a lot of fun! Nice walleye in there early and late as well!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.