Is It a strikemaster or different?

• eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Quote:

The model is a magnumIII plus 49cc- 8″ techumseh engine i was thinkin that when i listed this it was a srikemaster the label on the top of the engine OPE osceola power equipment minneapolis,minn

Could anyone give me any info on this augar? Is this an older Strikemaster or something different? I am looking at maybe buying it from a guy, just havn’t been able to find any info on it. He says it’s 5 years old, Thanks.

mojogunter

those are made by strikemaster. I’m not sure, but I think it has to be older than 5 years old though. I had one for years, but I got it in the early 90’s and sold it two years ago. The only issue I had with it, on the early ones like I had the gas line went through the bottom of the gas tank that would leak every couple of years and I had to replace the fuel line many times. Other than that it worked good. I think many had issues with the recoil, but I didn’t

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

The model is a magnumIII plus 49cc- 8″ techumseh engine i was thinkin that when i listed this it was a srikemaster the label on the top of the engine OPE osceola power equipment minneapolis,minn

Could anyone give me any info on this augar? Is this an older Strikemaster or something different? I am looking at maybe buying it from a guy, just havn’t been able to find any info on it. He says it’s 5 years old, Thanks.

Strikemaster has a video on their website called “Strikemaster’s Progression of Excellence” that lays out all the advancements in ice augers going all the way back to the original spoon style auger. I didn’t watch it all but it goes through all the models and the year in which they were introduced. It just might have the info you’re looking for.

http://www.strikemaster.com/video.html

perchhead

I have a MAG 3 Osceola Power Eqiupment Tecumseh manufactured in 1984 these were manufacured by Strikemaster and yes the gas lines do get brittle and and need to be replaced yearly and as a pm I replace the diaphragm every 2 years. She still starts on the 1st or 2nd pull why replace it. I love my Auger. Come on cold weather I want ice baby.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Hey thanks for the help guys, that answers my questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.