ICE FISHING TENT

• NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

I NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO PATCH SOME HOLES IN MY TENT. IT SEEMS THAT THE RODENTS TRIED TO MAKE THEIR HOME IN MY HOME. THANKS IN ADVANCE…
    TIGHT LINES…

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Depending on the canvas type and size of holes one quick easy fix is pipe insulators tape. It looks like foil and had strings meshed inside it and it sticks to anything. Pipe insulators use it for wrapping duct and sealing refrigeration piping. Just stick the tape back to back so the peices adhere to each other and you will be good for the year. Tight lines #5

3way
    eastern iowa.

hey i had the same problem, took mine to a local dealer. after i seen what he did, anyone can do it……….if you have the right materials. he used material that is for those bimini tops. taped off a nice square area, took some spray cloth adhesive, sprayed both surface areas, let set up for several minutes and pressed the two pieces with the tent inbetween tight. waited several minutes before i took it out in the cold. so simple if you have the right tools. also gave me some extra material just in case. at first i thought oboy this going to take a huge bite out of the pocket change. also the 3m spray adhesive works too, but not as great……….good luck

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

GOOD INFORMATION GUYS – THANKS
    DIDN’T HAVE TO USE IT WITH ALL THE WARM WEATHER – NOW IT’S GOING TO GET COLD AND MAKE LOTS OF ICE SOUNDS LIKE IT SHOULDN’T TAKE LONG TO FIX. THANKS AGAIN…
    TIGHT LINES

graybeard
    Iowa

If you’ve got the heavy old style canvas, you mite try those iron-on patches. I put some on my old Hideout this year. I haven’t used it much yet this year, but they seemed to hold real good. Cost about a buck in the fabric section at Wal-mart.

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

HEY 3WAY,
    THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT… I DON’T KNOW WHAT A BIMINI TOP IS, COULD YOU BE MORE SPECIFIC? AND WHAT DID YOU MEAN – YOU TOOK IT TO A LOCAL DEALER? I WENT TO CABELA’S AND ALL THEY HAD WAS A SEAM REPAIR KIT… HELP..
    TIGHT LINES

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Well if you don’t mind the look of it duct tape works great. I patched mine (gator hunters now) with it and it lasted great. It’s a pretty cheap and easy fix. Just cut the tape to the same lengths and you will have a nice square silver patch job when your done. I wasn’t real fussy with mine I just wanted to cover some of the holes. Hope this helps. Steve

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

If you’ve got the heavy old style canvas, you mite try those iron-on patches. I put some on my old Hideout this year. I haven’t used it much yet this year, but they seemed to hold real good. Cost about a buck in the fabric section at Wal-mart.

I’ll second the iron on patches. They work great and come in just about every color out there.

Jon J.

cavandog
    prairie du chien,wi

if your tent is the old canvas use the denim iron on patches with a standard household iron but dont add any water to it and set it to its highest setting and iron them on using your hand with a glove to apply pressure on the other side of the patch i did this 5 years ago and the patches are still holding…

3way
    eastern iowa.

sorry, those are umbrellas tops they make for boats, i have one on my pro v. i use it for the summer more than anything. don’t like baking in the sun. this local dealer had some material which matched my hut. the spray adhesive was a commercial brand. but he told me that 3m has the same. i had a can of it, but didn’t know you could do that. but it sure works. i suppose any canvas (thats what i have, a old sno-boat hut) material would work too. i hope i answered your ??, if not you could email me anytime.

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

THANKS 3WAY YOU’VE BEEN MOST HELPFUL…
    TIGHT LINES

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

If your house is a clam contact them and they will send you
    a packet of material free of charge. They advised to get exterior grade apray adhesive for the repair.

The only thing the mouse didn’t hit on mine was the roof.
    Ron

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.