Any Humminbird 45 Flasher Reports

• baldwin4
    NE IA

Anybody use thr Humminbird 45 this past hard water season? Would like to hear some pros and cons on the unit

dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

If you go back far enough in the ice fishing forum James Holst did a review on the Bird. For what its worth in my opinion I love My marcum lx-5 and its worth every penny. Good Luck, Dan

braaten10
    Austin, Minnesota

i bought one last year at the ice show. i loved it for the most part. the only thing that bothered me was that the battery did not last as long as marcums and vexilar by the end of a full day on the ice it was usually at 50 to 60 percent. i was mostly in 12 to 20 feet of water where the wide beem still worked great but once in 35+ water the wide beem took much more gain to pick up my jig but when i switched it to narrow it worked much better.the big screen and adjustable zoom was really nice also when fishing with other people close by there was little to no interference with other flashers. over all i really like the unit but it is just a little scary not knowing how it will be doing 5 years down the road unlike marcums and vexilars where you no that they will last

Greyghost

I bought one last Dec. fished a lot after that. I was very glad I made the purchase fished along side vex 18 and marcum 5 Much easier to see and read less expensive than both. My friends that used it all loved it My battery life was exceptional although I did charge after every use. I fished a long weekend fishing 12 hours a day and it had 75 percent battery left at end of day. I did tweek it a bit and lost the extra cable made centering it the hole easier and that is important that it hangs straight. I worked out a system that had it hanging down the side of the hole and the float was tucked under the unit in the case worked great. Have 1 friend bought one in March and another looking to buy a unit if he gets rid of his vex. Over all I think it is a great value.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I used the Ice 55 last season quite a bit. I also own a LX5.

The only difference I can see is the MarCum may have better target seperation but I really like the Ice 55. I love the bright colors on the Bird unit.

It will become my go to flasher.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ran the 45 all last year with the 55 and they were both solid units. Had a transducer issue early on with the 55 but got that taken care of. Humminbird Customer service is excellent.I have no complaints with the Humminbird ICE units after 1 full year of use. Everyone that used my units last year was impressed with them. I recommend you get the soft pack with the 45.

Boater44

used the hb 55 and it worked great. battery life could’ve be better. liked it more than my old marcum

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.