Sad day

• whiskeyandwater
    ????

Well I hate to say it but I’m guessing from the activity in this forum that the official un-official end of the season is here. Over 30 hours with out a post or reply to a post!

Oh Cold weather and ice how I will miss you for the next 8 1/2 months.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We can’t drag it out much more but she’s not over yet! Matt Grow and I are heading to Winnie on sunday looking for a perch bite. I’ll hopefully have pics and a report to share when I get back middle of next week.

the_grump
    Le Center

I’ll do my part. Going to Leech on Monday

bigpike

The old timer is still catching gils and crappies within thirty miles of Eau Claire, she’s on life support but not dead yet

arklite881south

Drive north young man!! We’re still driving full size trucks out here!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Drive north young man!! We’re still driving full size trucks out here!!!

This crazy guy I know that lives on a hill over looking Rainy Lake is going to be ice fishing for 2, maybe 3, more weeks!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

We probably got a couple more weeks here as well. Large lakes in our area with 24-26″ of ice yet. In fact, I think I am going home to grab the dog and punch a couple of holes over the hill from my house!!!

Mark

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Far as I’m concerned were only 35 short weeks away from supportive ice on Pool 9! Mr Clark most likely has Pool 8 down for 34 & 1/2 weeks away

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

The perch bite in that area is on FIRE

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

You don’t say. Tell me more! Winnie has NOT been on fire from what I’m hearing. I’ll give you a ring tomorrow for the scoop.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You don’t say. Tell me more! Winnie has NOT been on fire from what I’m hearing. I’ll give you a ring tomorrow for the scoop.

I am not a big fan of diamonds or rings James

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Trade you for some spoons then!~ I got what you’re looking for.

I am not a big fan of diamonds or rings James

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Give him a Molson, he’ll blabber like a school girl on her first date.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Far as I’m concerned were only 35 short weeks away from supportive ice on Pool 9! Mr Clark most likely has Pool 8 down for 34 & 1/2 weeks away

Bos, we are going to have to get together with some Barleys and start making plans…..it’s not that far off

arklite881south

I am loving this extended chance to chase Walleyes, Pike and Crappies on the hardwater!! It is so enjoyable being able to mobilize in sweatshirts!! Walleyes are starting to go again!!

WadesDad

aside from first ice, this is the BEST time to ice fish, in my opinion!

yes, t-shirts all day long (long sleeved)
    lots of open holes in areas that have been fished, and at least if you have to drill, the holes stay open!

fished perch yesterday on cutfoot after a crappie outing with less than desirable results, found them to be quite aggressive in 11 feet of water, that is until the walleyes moved in…but that was fun too!

good reports on bowens flats, first hand.
    and I talked to the people at Gosh dam place, they said they had a group that stayed at their hotel over the weekend who went home with 240 perch!

that sounds like a good bite to me.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

240 perch sounds like a sad day save some for me

corey-studer

There’s still quite a bit of ice in the Longville and Hackensack area as of last Saturday. We had a solid 2 to 2 1/2 ft of ice then and have been getting pestered at work with text phone pics yesterday & today north and west (Leech Lake area and DL). this cat’s done for the season. Good luck to the rest of you up there and be careful!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.